C63 engine or gearbox heat problems? Advice!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Bonkers

Car
C63 coupe
Hi all,

I have not posted here much but I am after some advice. :confused:

I have had my C63 for 12 months now and I love the car but I have had the issue of the car going into limp mode. I have heard it could be the gearbox temp?

I was in manual mode.

I am driving a C63, 61 plate, coupe with the PPP pack.
Is this something anybody else has experienced?

Thanks Damien.

Its a well known problem for facelift cars that the gearbox oil temp goes high with hard driving.
You can get upgraded oil coolers....but the MB OEM option is very expensive if i remember correctly

Thanks Lee, I'm guessing limp mode stops any damage to the gear box.

Is there any aftermarket oil cooler upgrades available, rather than being ripped off by merc?

Cheers Damien

Last edited:
Have you had the gearbox software update from MB? Raises the limp mode temperature and makes it less jerky.

weistec do an uprated oil pan with cooling fins and also increases capacity of the gearbox oil so aids cooling...soon as i have time i will be getting one of these

I am surprised you can get it in to limp mode by road use, track yes but road?

As mentioned, there is a software update to increase the threshold temp that limp mode kicks in, ask your dealer to apply this.

S

Have you had the gearbox software update from MB? Raises the limp mode temperature and makes it less jerky.

No I haven't had the gearbox software updated. If I had a remap would this deal with the issue? I don't think I can face arguing with mercedes again. :mad:

Thanks Damien

weistec do an uprated oil pan with cooling fins and also increases capacity of the gearbox oil so aids cooling...soon as i have time i will be getting one of these

This does sound like a good option and a fix. Any ideas on price?

Thanks Damien

Id get it plugged in firstly to make sure its that that is causing the issue.

its on the weistec site...they normally develop these things because they have allready faced the problem and come up with the solution

Thank you all for the advice.

I think I'm going to try Mercedes first for the gearbox software upgrade. :( I don't think this would get rid of the heat exchange problem.

Done a bit of digging on the Weistec website and I have found the below...
I'm guessing this is upgraded oil pan?

yes it increases the capacity plus added cooling fins

Thank you all for the advice. I think I'm going to try Mercedes first for the gearbox software upgrade. :( I don't think this would get rid of the heat exchange problem. Done a bit of digging on the Weistec website and I have found the below... I'm guessing this is upgraded oil pan?
$599 ... fairly steep!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom