C63 Estate 2012/3

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Clubber

Car
Golf R
Hi all, I'm new to the forum.

Never had a Mercedes. Got my heart set on a C63 AMG estate of the 2012/2013 vintage.

What do I need to look out for when buying?

Are there major costs/parts replaced/expected to be replaced for a car of this age?

I'm looking to buy a circa 50k miles car

Please help a novice

OP, have a look on PistonHeads in the Mercedes section as there is a c63 204 version buying guide there that is worth reading. Once you find any cars you are interested in post a note in the AMG section here linking to the advert and a few of the more knowledgeable members here will provide the necessary pointers. Only major issue I know of with some cars in the age range is possible head bolt issues but you can find out if that issue has been resolved easy enough when you have the engine number :thumb:

Also, have a look in the for sale section here as some members sell their cars through the site and a well maintained car regardless of mileage is always a good buy.

Looks a nice car, as does the other 125 estate showing on the eBay advert so you could have a choice as good C63 estates are quite a rare thing, more so in 125 guise. Post a thread in the AMG section about looking to buy one and link in both adverts and you should get some decent responses about price, spec, head bolts done etc and you can move forward from there. Some folks in that section will also be able to get the original build sheet from the factory if you can get them the VIN number or registration number which can be a great help.

With regard to costs these are not cheap cars to own as they were expensive when new but they are addictive, especially in sports + mode :cool: so in my mind that balances out :D I regularly fill up the tank as I like to push on a bit when road conditions allow and had 4 new Michelin Pilot Sport 4s Tyres put on yesterday at a cost of £730 which was £70 cheaper than 4 new Michelin OEM tyres in put on the Evoque last year, something I can’t explain given the power the 507 generates.

I have seen a few threads about certain items you should check on higher mileage cars but people with a lot more AMG knowledge than me will contribute if you post in the AMG section and they may even point you towards other estate cars they know are for sale.

Enjoy the hunt and the test drives :thumb:

Thanks for your help mate, I'll post in the AMG section

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom