C63 Estate < 528i Touring ??

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

RWDpetrol

Car
N/A
I'm about to get rid of my C63 Estate and in the hunt for something spacious, RWD, petrol and slow enough for my wife to happily drive I'm about to do the deal on a 528i Touring.

So, got to the insurance quote stage and bizarre thing is that it will cost me 30% more than the C63 to insure. How does that work out??

More people crash 528I BMW's than C63 estates. So statistically there is more risk insuring the BMW.

More people crash 528I BMW's than C63 estates. So statistically there is more risk insuring the BMW.

Agree with this, it will be the case. My 2013 Subaru WRX STI cost less to insure than a six year old R26 Megane which cost a quarter of the price and had 75hp less!!

Love insurance companies, they take personal circumstances when it suits them and industry averages when it doesn't.

Perhaps they are concerned you may doze off, after the 63 :D.

Cost of repairs could be higher for a BMW.

Try plugging in the details of your C63 btw to get a real comparison (assuming you are comparing with what it cost last time you insured it).

No, keep the missus. Having her on your policy as a named driver may well reduce the premium.

She's always on my policy. And I based comparison on new policy for both.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom