C63 Estate - monthly running report - month 5

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ghibbett

Car
C63 AMG Estate
Length of ownership = 5 months
Mileage = 2398 miles
Miles since last report = 350 miles
MPG = 19.8 mpg (18.70 mpg calculated)
Faults = Minor buzz from the Instrument Binnacle

Well it's been a bit of a quiet one this month. I've only driven 350 miles in the last month, which is pathetic. Of course I can happily blame the weather, as after driving a C180 loan car in the beginnings of the snow we had, I knew the C63 would be even more useless, and that's saying something! When you have another car, in this case my trusty daily driver that is the mighty Toyota Corolla, and with the general muck and grit on the roads, it can be an easy decision to take the 'big green fun bus' as it's known in the family.

On top of this, I realise this report will yet again have no pictures or videos. The lack of pictures is annoying, but the lack of video is a crime after getting a nice new GoPro 3 for Christmas. So I will endeavour to rectify this situation for future reports. It would help if I wasn't so busy at work though: The current 6 days a week and 60 hours is getting a touch waring...

So just after writing last month's report, the C63 went into MB to have its diff oil changed, along with an attempt to cure the 3 rattles I had. They had the car for 6 days. Upon collection they told me they believed they had cured the rattles. Of course the proof is in the pudding and upon driving off of the forecourt, what did I hear. Yep, an annoying buzz. In fairness it was very quiet, and I could only hear it at <50mph with the radio off and the windows/sunroof closed. However on a better note the other 2 main rattles, one being 'The Rattle' that seems to have plagued many others on the forum, and the other being the COMAND rattle, seem to both have been fixed. So there's still a little work to do, but MB have fixed the two worst rattles and lessened the final one. I'll pick up the gauntlet from here and try to banish the last one to leave me with a nice rattle-free car. Fingers crossed.

So what about the diff oil change. Did I notice any difference? Nope, none. Slightly annoyingly MB forgot to remove the running-in / diff oil change sticker on the windscreen, which I'd assumed they'd do at this service, but that was soon rectified with a bit of adhesive remover.

So what else is there on the agenda? Will I continue at the glacial rate of 350 miles a month and waste away my time of ownership? Well gladly I can report that there will be a fair few more miles rolling underneath the C63's wheels over the coming months. I'm taking the C63 on a nice round trip to Doncastor and then Derby to visit a Great Aunt and then some friends. The following weekend I am in Bromsgrove for the Eurocharged event, and the weekend following that we're off to Snowdonia for the Wife's birthday, where I hope to enjoy some fantastic Welsh roads. Oh and see what a difference the Eurocharged map will make...

So for those that haven't looked at the Eurocharged thread running in the Performance Lounge, I have signed up for a Eurocharged tune. I will be joining other MBClub members at the Bromsgrove event where my car will be initially rolling-roaded, have the new map loaded and then re-tested, possibly along with some tinkering. According to the blurb, I'm likely to be releasing an extra 50 horses or so, as well as removing the top speed limiter. I'm also hoping it'll add to the - admittedly already considerable - aural onslaught with more cracks, pops and general goodness from the exhausts. Interestingly they'll be another C63 there (MBClub member C63Tony), however his has around 20k on the clock. It'll be interesting to see how his engine has free'd up compared with mine.

So, in summary, I hope to have much to report next month.

Cheers.

The Snowdonia region has epic driving routes. Tackle the Evo triangle. It's such fun

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom