C63 estate or ml63

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Totally agree, I do the same. Just you seemed rather defensive at the suggestion the ML handles like a bus, that's what i was referring to 😉

Ha, thoughts still the same on the MCT; very good box but sightly flawed!

Suggesting it handles like a bus is a very silly comparison indeed.

My views were factual, a bus handles like a bus, an SUV handles like an SUV or a sportier SUV.

Let's not judge a particular vehicle or give a comparison vehicle the edge without even genuinely knowing the truth or the vehicle in general! 😉😁

Not silly, it's a commonly used phrase used to describe something that doesn't handle very well. You just take everything far too literally and personally.

Looks a bit boaty to me...
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

If the OP wants the sportiness of the C and the space of the M the best mix of both is the E.

Last edited:
Not silly, it's a commonly used phrase used to describe something that doesn't handle very well. You just take everything far too literally and personally.

If the OP wants the sportiness of the C and the space of the M the best mix of both is the E.

Stick to your bone shaking C63, I bet you get very personal with it, as you literally kiss the dash with every pothole or speed hump you go over. Now that is personal 😂😂😂😂

There you go again with the insults because you can't take any sort of criticism or provide any kind of reasoned argument as to why you're right (because deep down you know you're wrong). ;)

Hi I have been trying to decide for a week now which to buy! I was originally interested and about to buy a 2009 c63 estate then my girlfriend spotted a 2009 ML63 and said it would be more practical! Originally I wasn’t looking for practicality I just wanted a fun second weekend car that would fit the dog crate in if needed,
Both are great cars, just different in character. Test drive both and see which you prefer 👍🏻

Just reading this and wondering what c63 has he driven to be a bone shaker ? Mines quite comfy tbh
As for the thread i wouldn't know as i haven't owned any

There you go again with the insults because you can't take any sort of criticism or provide any kind of reasoned argument as to why you're right (because deep down you know you're wrong). ;)

It's ok for you to brand the ml as handling like a "bus" your own words. But when a car is described as a bone shaking ride like the unforgiving such as a "C63" it's an insult 😂😂😂.

You haven't even driven the ML63 how can you have such a factual opinion of its capabilities!!!!. You aren't in a position to do so. Keep to your little c63 bone shaker😂😉.

Your the one that makes these unfair statements. You don't like a certain looking part on a car or a driven factor in your view you are 100% correct. Without even driving or owning a car with what you criticize it with. Don't make sense to me. But you can have your views.

I'd love to know which part of that video I posted the ML63 looks anything other than poor handling, he even goes off the track in it...

It's a SUV Vs SUV. If the OP is going to throw his vehicle around on a track with his dogs in the back it's going to end in a bad way.

He didn't ask for advice on tracking either vehicle!

Don't come up with these opinions on a certain vehicle, as you haven't even driven one with day to day journeys let alone a track.

Many cars SUVs and other type vehicles won't handle on a track that they do on roads in general.

I know which I would prefer on a long journey and comfort factor. The ML has many suspension adjustments to suit a owner over that of the C63 one trick pony 😉

Looks a bit boaty to me...
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Due to weight, height and 4wd system, the ML (or any other fast SUV) is not well suited to tail out showboating in Tiff’s house style. Unsurprisingly the stability systems wouldn’t allow it.

Not being well suited to showboating doesn’t mean that it doesn’t handle very well. I’m not suggesting that it handles like a sports car - because it’s not, and it doesn’t my try to be.

On a B road the ML 63 would keep pace with the C 63 of the same generation, right up to the point where safety is disregarded, at which point it would be width which slowed the ML driver.

If there was an A 45 in the convoy, then it would have been pulling away throughout, but shortly after the ML driver had to back off, so would the C63 driver, and the A 45 would start to run away.

That doesn’t mean the C 63 doesn’t handle well. It just means that the A 45 is better suited to a B road than a C 63, just as the C 63 is better suited to tail happy showboating on track than the ML 63z

Thanks for all the input, I have taken it all into consideration and have put a deposit on the c63, I haven’t tested either because they are to far away and I already own the x5 40d and various quick 1 and 3 series BMW’s so have an idea what the drive will be like, can’t wait to own the 6.2 v8

Thanks for all the input, I have taken it all into consideration and have put a deposit on the c63, I haven’t tested either because they are to far away and I already own the x5 40d and various quick 1 and 3 series BMW’s so have an idea what the drive will be like, can’t wait to own the 6.2 v8
Congrats. Enjoy!

I’ve had two c63 saloon including a 507 and a coupe 507. Also, between that I’ve had a ML63. I’d say for the space justification go for the ML. They are both excellent cars in their own right

Nice choice 👍🏻

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom