C63 estate q's

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
:thumb:

D3 is getting some great reviews too

D3s are good, but not got the noise.

How can Alpinas be tuned and AMGs not????

Surely all very similar.

Well this thread has been well and truly derailed :(

The OP could be forgiven for thinking he'd joined willywavers.com rather than a helpful, friendly and informative MB community.

OP - the best advice given to you by far on this thread is below.

How's your search coming on ?

developer said:
Come on guys - this is one heated V8 debate :crazy:. Get the best example that fits your budget and whether PP, PPP, or plain old vanilla, I'm sure you'll love it.

Well I apologise for unsettling anyone?!

I've certainly learned plenty from this thread which is why I started it so very much appreciated. And maybe some current owners have too.

As for a e63, for some reason it just doesn't appeal to me. I think its because I've always liked base cars with daddy engines. Such as my previous clio v6, 147 gta's and a 400 bhp 1 aeries coupe.

Going back to my initial post, I pressume the service intervals are decided by the computer? So is it a possibility that an interval could be well over 12k? I.e. 1000's of miles sat in top gear at low revs on motorway, the gut racked up an average of 3000 miles a month for 9 months...

Jamier27 said:
Well I apologise for unsettling anyone?! I've certainly learned plenty from this thread which is why I started it so very much appreciated. And maybe some current owners have too. As for a e63, for some reason it just doesn't appeal to me. I think its because I've always liked base cars with daddy engines. Such as my previous clio v6, 147 gta's and a 400 bhp 1 aeries coupe. Going back to my initial post, I pressume the service intervals are decided by the computer? So is it a possibility that an interval could be well over 12k? I.e. 1000's of miles sat in top gear at low revs on motorway, the gut racked up an average of 3000 miles a month for 9 months...

Don't worry about unsettling anyone, you asked a perfectly reasonable set of questions .

As for service intervals I believe that yes they are set by the computer albeit my dealer said if it hadn't alerted me by 12k miles to bring it in anyway. I only had my C63 for 14k miles and it told it wanted its service at just over 10.

Don't worry about unsettling anyone, you asked a perfectly reasonable set of questions .

Agree, and sorry for my and c36fan's side conversation - a bit of pleasant history there.

Re service, it could also be much less than 12k miles depending on how you drive. I had mine serviced, drove it one month (800 miles) and the 'next service' indicator dropped from 12k to 10k. I was selling it hence the slight beating.

Re service intervals: Mine (E63) is set on annual increments. It's just had it's first one done at slightly under 8,000 miles and when I got it back it read B Service due in 365 days.

Now I'm sure that if I start to put silly miles on it this may decrease, though this isn't going to happen as I don't use it as often as I should. So if the one you were looking at was set annually like mine, the car may have worked out that 25,000 miles was enough for it, hence reducing the time to 8 months.

Only a thought really, but seems logical to me. :)

All 63 services alternate from A to B and occur every 15,500 miles or after one year, whichever comes sooner.

I believe the servicing is controlled by the computer, but generally 12 months or approx 12-15000 miles. It should definitely have been visiting a dealer at least once a year.

The servicing is probably the most useful info you have been given on this thread - the engine is the heart of the car so make sure it is looked after!

S

All 63 services alternate from A to B and occur every 15,500 miles or after one year, whichever comes sooner.

That's interesting Don.

I'm sure my lights came on before either of those milestones was up, any idea what would have caused that ?

That's interesting Don.

I'm sure my lights came on before either of those milestones was up, any idea what would have caused that ?

Driving a bit more enthusiastically than MB expected you to. It'll occur every 15,500 miles or after one year, whichever comes sooner. That's a given, but if you drive harder than average, it's going to want servicing even sooner than that.

Curious. Our AMGs have always been 10,000 miles or 12 months, whichever comes sooner. The non-AMGs being variable.

From mb website -

Many models produced from 2007 have fixed service intervals. Services alternate from A to B and occur every 15,500 miles or after one year, whichever comes sooner. These fixed service intervals make it easier for you to plan your servicing around your schedule, making it less likely for you to miss a service. For more information on the service display, please see your Owner's Manual –Operation/Service section.

Mine always request a service at 12 month intervals, I rarely travel 15.5k miles in one car per annum.

http://www2.mercedes-benz.co.uk/con...nce/understanding_your/service_intervals.html

Last edited:
I thought this was willywavers.com darn it, I do have a big one though.

I learned that PPP is not PP, and that they do actually make composite brakes after all :D Mine just goes sideways everywhere it's just a 30k drift machine really, estate FTW though, I don't even have kids or a dog lol.

I think the most important thing is don't spend 30k on a pre facelift, and understand the new one comes out soon, so dealers will be scratching heads sitting on expensive un-desirable stock, so have some fun with them.

Just buy a nice one and you'll be laughing, all the way to the petrol station :D

Curious. Our AMGs have always been 10,000 miles or 12 months, whichever comes sooner. The non-AMGs being variable.
The AMG section of the handbook of my MY2012 E63 says that servicing is 12 months or 12,000 miles, whichever is sooner. My previous (non-AMG) MB cars have all been 12 months or 15,500 miles.

Moral of the story: check what it says in your handbook!

st13phil said:
The AMG section of the handbook of my MY2012 E63 says that servicing is 12 months or 12,000 miles, whichever is sooner. My previous (non-AMG) MB cars have all been 12 months or 15,500 miles. Moral of the story: check what it says in your handbook!

Mine says the same and the light has just gone to zero bang on 1190 miles

Well thanks for all the info.

I queried the front discs and he's done some digging around phoning the merc garages it has been serviced at and when it was at around 50k it was an advisory. But no further history of them being changed so we are presuming it must have had some but possibly at a non merc garage.
He's also had a good luck and says there is a slight lip but dimples are clearly visible....

Off to view it Saturday :)

Jamier27 said:
Well thanks for all the info. I queried the front discs and he's done some digging around phoning the merc garages it has been serviced at and when it was at around 50k it was an advisory. But no further history of them being changed so we are presuming it must have had some but possibly at a non merc garage. He's also had a good luck and says there is a slight lip but dimples are clearly visible.... Off to view it Saturday :)
hi check the inner side of the discs if possible because mines they looked ok outside but the inside totally corroded!:)

And here is my old girl!

Mercedes-Benz C Class C63 5dr Auto 6.2

I would recognise those melted front wheel centres anywhere. I know what I sold that for, and what the trader subsequently sold it for so that could be in budget.

If you do seriously consider it, PM for all the info. Was a lovely car, but it needs new front discs.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom