C63 ex Mercedes Brooklands car

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Bails

Car
AMG
Hi,

Would you buy a C63 estate with LSD , owned by Mercedes World for just over 1 year from new then a doctor, traded in at Ferrari Egham, 63 plate
I presuming it was a driving day car with the LSD fitted, how much stick do these cars get, has anyone ever been?

LOL
Its Mercedes approved with 2 year warranty!

Despite it's warranty - it would trouble me.

Brooklands remit is to show how AMG's perform, when given the beans, and it probably did that day in, day out.

There are loads around - I'd look elsewhere.

Last edited:
Bails said:
Hi, Would you buy a C63 estate with LSD , owned by Mercedes World for just over 1 year from new then a doctor, traded in at Ferrari Egham, 63 plate I presuming it was a driving day car with the LSD fitted, how much stick do these cars get, has anyone ever been?
I have been to the MB World 'circuit'. It is actually a series of very short tracks for showing different aspects of the cars. The longest straight we managed 98 mph in a C63 BS and to hit that you had to hoof through the last right hander. I reckon the brakes get more cosh than the engine and the cars were only run for 15 minutes at a time. There is a specific maintenance garage there too. You are talking about the M156 engine which is pretty well bulletproof. I have hammered mine round tracks and most recently on an Alpine road trip with Rico Rally where I saw oil temperatures of 130 degrees and I have the package 440 cooling upgrade fitted. There are a lot of 63s out there but I wouldn't sweat it coming from Brooklands, the maintenance will have been top notch.

Hi.
We did the AMG driving experience at Brooklands two weeks back - in a CLS63 AMG.
We were in the car for an hour. The first half hour was my wife driving with me and our 11 year old son in the back.
I took over driving for the 2nd half hour.
I would be a bit reluctant to buy one of their ex cars - based on how we used the car for an hour - but obviously the cars will have been well maintained and had loads of tyres and brakes renewed in their short working life.
The cars are slightly modified - there is a brake pedal for the instructor in the left hand footwell, along with a set of vinyl stickers all over the cars.
They also have a camera fitted on the dash that records your drive onto a USB stick - that you can purchase after the drive.
Being automatics - they don't suffer as much as a manual car would - clutch burn outs and over-revving through the gearbox.
They do, however, get used for things like maximum acceleration followed by maximum brake effort, slalom between cones, handling circuit and a wet circle for drifting.
Cheers
Steve

I imagine the suspension has had a fair work out too!!

I wouldn't bother, there are plenty more out there. I would think it has had an hard time.

If it's a good spec and the right price, why not?

These are high performance cars that are designed to take the "stick" they get at MB World and much more besides. Check the condition of the brake discs and pads and negotiate on price if they're looking tired, but other than that it's difficult to think of anything that would have suffered unduly as a result of being driven at MB World.

Personally, I'd be more inclined to avoid a low mileage one that's spent most of its life doing the 3 mile commute to the station and back and hardly ever been up to operating temperature.

Call Brooklands service dept with the reg number of the car you are interested in, if you get the right person on the phone they will tell you what work that was done to it.

As others have said, when it left MB world it would have been sold at auction and not as an MB approved but very well maintain so if it's priced right and the interior is perfect why not ??

Call Brooklands service dept with the reg number of the car you are interested in, if you get the right person on the phone they will tell you what work that was done to it.

As others have said, when it left MB world it would have been sold at auction and not as an MB approved but very well maintain so if it's priced right and the interior is perfect why not ??

This springs to mind..

08be4a69ef4fc35a0163e5ed22d1e963.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom