C63 Exhaust Problem

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

No11zyy

Car
Mercedes C63 2014 Saloon
Hi Guys,

First post here and sadly it's an issue with my C63 :(

Only been a month since I bought the car and all of a sudden the exhaust growl isn't the same, just sounds like not like a c63 and hint of power loss too! Had an indie look at it and an Xentry diagnostic but came back with zero faults.

Any ideas what this could be? The car is 2014 saloon with only 29k on the clock.

Cheers,
Sam

Sound clip?

Is it on start up? Or when revving?

Difficult to offer opinion or advice when there is not much specific info.

Sorry here is a link to hear the exhaust https://youtu.be/I9unJHqqexM

This is on cold start and sounds a little normal here but the grows fade away..

Also when driving along can barely hear the exhaust almost sounds like something is blocked.

Last edited:
Sounds normal to me...

And me.

Sounds normal to me as well.

Have you flick between C mode and S+ mode? Different throttle opening can give different exhaust tone.

It might be that after 1 month, you kinda got used to the loud tone already. Time for secondary decat and a remap??

That sounds normal to me.
Like already said if you switch from C to S to S+ you get different exhaust tones.

Drive it and enjoy it.

You are just growing used to it. Nothing to worry about. To confuse you further though there has been a TCU/ECU software update released in the past 12 months or so. I had it installed at a routine MB service a few months ago on a 2013 C63 and there is quite a difference particularly in the way the transmission behaves but also subjectively at least more exhaust noise (upshift blips in S/S+) and crackles/pops on high rpm over run.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom