c63 exhaust. stock to ipe to stock to...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Russ6.2

Car
Mercedes C63
Hello everybody

I am in the quite frankly ridiculous situation, where i absolutely love the sound of my car, but need to eliminate the cold start bang it makes on start up.

The car has ipe headers and decat. Plus Eurocharged v6 (with cold start delete!) Talking with Jerry @ Eurocharged, the cold start delete only cuts out the high rpm after initial start up.

Having had the ipe exaust on for a short time and hating it, do any members have first hand experience of other valved exhausts. FI, ARMYTRIX? Ideally with the same car and set up.

Looking forward to your words of wisdom. Cheers

btw have already had many many discussions with Acid on this. He is working on something as i speak.

I need the valve bit. The valves can be closed on startup which eliminates the bang/gunshot/bark/explosion

FI & Armytrix both sound very similar to IPE.

I am also searching for an alternative currently as I do not like the sound of the IPE backboxes.

Only other one that I could find is Capristo Exhaust but cannot find any proper clips on Youtube. They have mainly been fitted on a CLS and a biturbo C63. Not the NA V8 engine.

Plus I contacted Remus to check if they can add on valvetronic on their system seeing that the systems on newer models now come with those... but they cannot retrofit.

Last edited:
Hopefully Acid will find a fix for this for you Russ. I must admit, when you started your car, I quite liked the bang/pop sound at first, but appreciate why you want to remove it. I don't think I could have it on my car.

Thanks for the input sirius9. Sounds like you experienced the same thing as me then with the ipe. It appears to be a very common exhaust on the c63 and i was so surprised that i didn't get on with it.
The perfect solution would be for it be software modified. Fingers crossed

Thanks for the input sirius9. Sounds like you experienced the same thing as me then with the ipe. It appears to be a very common exhaust on the c63 and i was so surprised that i didn't get on with it.
The perfect solution would be for it be software modified. Fingers crossed

I only fitted the IPE headers and did not fit the backboxes as I have heard a few whilst I was at MSL. Plus I did not like the point of having to click the remote to open/close the valves.

Capristo claims to be pressure dependant. But they are slightly most costly than IPEs and not many examples. so I haven taken the plunge yet.

I do like the BANG on start up with my headers and standard mufflers. I do have OEM resonator still and that makes it a bit more bearable I think... (haha. just trying to kid myself)

Well, I'm not long off adding IPE headers to the stock system so, I hope I like it. Luckily I live quite remotely so neighbours won't be a problem. Besides, every Aston, Maseratti, Porsche, F-Type etc. around here seem to have sports exhausts fitted; my stock exhaust C63 sounds pretty tame. I have opted for sports-Cats on my headers (incoming from IPE as we speak) so perhaps that might, with the resonator keep things on the right side of acceptable...although hopefully close to the limit :D.

Well, I'm not long off adding IPE headers to the stock system so, I hope I like it. Luckily I live quite remotely so neighbours won't be a problem. Besides, every Aston, Maseratti, Porsche, F-Type etc. around here seem to have sports exhausts fitted; my stock exhaust C63 sounds pretty tame. I have opted for sports-Cats on my headers (incoming from IPE as we speak) so perhaps that might, with the resonator keep things on the right side of acceptable...although hopefully close to the limit :D.

It's going to be very loud without the valves back boxes

I think the IPE is quieter than the stock exhaust with the valves closed. I normally drive with it set to auto so the valves only open under full throttle

I have the setup you're getting
Cold start
https://youtu.be/ufig1AvI2DA

3k and a blip
https://youtu.be/1FdRxD70HZQ

And a tunnel
https://youtu.be/013u5KWqs8k

Hope it helps

@sirius9 I know someone else who copied you lol...........

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I had IPE headers, sports cats and valvetronic rear.......I hated not having the cold start bark so put the standard rear section back on and welded the resonator back in.
I started it in my garage the other morning when my dad was there and he said it was like a shotgun had gone off lol [emoji23]

Audio Addict said:
@sirius9 I know someone else who copied you lol........... Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah... its a good thing. The V8 symphonies as i like to call it!

What u done to ur backboxes? Sold? I am sure there are loadsa takers.

Dun forget who gave you a demo of the setup you got...✌️

Considering Capristo valvetronic backboxes, interested??

@sirius9 I know someone else who copied you lol...........

It's you two at the Petersfield meet that convinced me to get the headers :D

One quick Q, how long did your customs clearance take?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom