C63 first service, and not happy!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
As above as long as its fully synthetic and meets the spec it will be fine. Always best to check what oil the dealer uses when booking it in if you want a specific one, many dealers moved away from Mobil1 one well over a year ago, there was a thread on here about it.

It is actually cheaper to supply your own oil so in future just supply Mobil1 yourself, buy it from Cotsco etc.

Take the oil you want in your car with you into the dealership

Take the oil you want in your car with you into the dealership

Yep, take the mobile1 with you and they will reduce price of the service for, did it at Brooklands recently.

Took my own oil for an A service total cost for service without oil was £78. And a main dealer stamp in the book.

Thanks for the reassurance everyone, I will just shut up and get over it! If I have any engine problems its under warranty and serviced at a MB workshop, so nothing to worry hopefully.

akhan48 said:
Thanks for the reassurance everyone, I will just shut up and get over it! If I have any engine problems its under warranty and serviced at a MB workshop, so nothing to worry hopefully.

Where is flanaia1 when you need him? Mobil one is not the be all and end all. I had shell helix in the shed and it ran far quieter and smoother than it did on mobil one. If it meets spec its good enough for the car

Where is flanaia1 when you need him? Mobil one is not the be all and end all. I had shell helix in the shed and it ran far quieter and smoother than it did on mobil one. If it meets spec its good enough for the car

Possibly because it was just serviced and fresh oil? :dk:

As Steve suggests, my understanding is that Mobil1 is relatively good value, but it's far from the best, I've read that both Shell and Castrol equivalents are better.

In real terms, the absolute best probably isn't required. Something very good is reassuring though, which is where Mobil1 fits IMHO.

I would have no concerns with Castrol product, lube oil is all that they make, and they do it very well, I've worked with them at their engine oil research facility, I was very impressed.

Mmm, just tried to book my C63 in for it's first service as the dash now says service in 700miles. Car is 10months old with 11500miles on it. Quoted £340 but strangely they guy said it did not need a service, he said it should be 12 months or 15500miles and to ignore the message and book it in once it is either 12 months old or covered 15500.

But this us the same dealer who said the 2000 LSD oil change could just be done at the first service!

S

Stay away from MB Leeds, they are aweful. Not interested in selling new cars, not interested in servicing,not interested in warrenty work and their "repairs" can leave you with a dead motor in the outside lane of the M1 in the rush hour! Bit difficult to work out what they are for.
Try MB Bradford, same group but you couldn't meet a more helpful bunch.

interestingly garages within the same group do vary

lookers MB Maidstone are excellent imo
lookers MB Ashford are 500yards from my place of work i drive past them and 20 miles to maidstone
says it all really

Simon - i took my own oil and the first service was ~ £180

Stay away from MB Leeds, they are aweful. Not interested in selling new cars, not interested in servicing,not interested in warrenty work and their "repairs" can leave you with a dead motor in the outside lane of the M1 in the rush hour! Bit difficult to work out what they are for.
Try MB Bradford, same group but you couldn't meet a more helpful bunch.

Thanks for the tip, I will most certainly be giving MB Bradford a shot as they aren't a million miles away from Leeds.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom