C63 front end clean up

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Felstmiester

MB Enthusiast
Car
Range rover sport
I've been toying with the idea to get the front end of my pre facelift looking a bit better. It's been said on here before about the pros and cons between the pre and the facelift front end. I like both! I like the facelift because it hasn't got the disco ball driving lights but at the same time there's something about the pre facelift that looks a bit meaner. If you could mix match both it would be perfect.

I have thought about blacking the driving light surround thus losing the disco ball look to an extent and also taking the big ugly number plate carrier off but the dealer has drilled four bloody great holes in the bumper to hold it. I have also thought about a carbon splitter to enhance the look.

So the route I wanna go it looks like I'm gonna have to have the bumper filled and sprayed. This has now got me thinking of the facelift route after reading lee's thread.
Any thoughts guys?

I wouldn't do the facelift route, personally feel the newer front end is too similar to all the other facelift ones out there (appreciate it isn't though). Also the pre-facelift ones with the 'facelift' conversion really struggle to sell. I would stick to the pre-facelift and perhaps lose the numberplate holder, perhaps modify the headlight internals etc....

I wouldn't do the facelift route, personally feel the newer front end is too similar to all the other facelift ones out there (appreciate it isn't though). Also the pre-facelift ones with the 'facelift' conversion really struggle to sell. I would stick to the pre-facelift and perhaps lose the numberplate holder, perhaps modify the headlight internals etc....

Yes that had crossed my mind about when it comes to sell it may put off some people. I think I will look into getting the chrome surrounds blacked out on driving lights, maybe get holes filled and bumper sprayed and go for a carbon splitter.

I think about this dilemma daily, facelift or prefacelift. I love the facelift lights but the prefacelift looks so much more aggressive, perhaps facelift lights and keep the pre-FL bumper on?

It's only a bonnet change and x2 plug and plays needed so before selling could always fit the originals back in

I think about this dilemma daily, facelift or prefacelift. I love the facelift lights but the prefacelift looks so much more aggressive, perhaps facelift lights and keep the pre-FL bumper on?

It's only a bonnet change and x2 plug and plays needed so before selling could always fit the originals back in

Now that's a good one. Main thing I don't like about the pre facelift is the disco balls lol

Apart from the plate. This looks a lot better.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    75.9 KB · Views: 65

I Think the facelift freshens the car up a lot.... I much prefer the facelift look.

However, doing it with all OEM parts like i did is expensive and I would dare say that the cost would be similar to trading in and actually buying a facelift (however with the few small mods mine has that was never a option).

Not sure if I agree that selling it will be harder as long as you are still selling at its actual value and not trying to get more for doing the facelift.

If you're bored with it, blow it. Lee was thinking of Stage 3 I believe :)

If you're bored with it, blow it. Lee was thinking of Stage 3 I believe :)

I'm dying to. But the cost is scary!! Maybe in a year when the prices have come down a bit I will. But at around the 10k mark I just can't warrent it

Yes its very expensive...been toying with the idea too.

Yes its very expensive...been toying with the idea too.

I have thought about it many times. Maybe wait until some of the boys on here with chargers are bored and decide to part out there cars and put them back to standard. Might get a second hand bargain

Register your interest with MSL. They are a Weistec UK dealer. Things like these usually exchange hands before they make it to the public forum.

It's a shame my facelift lights I'm selling harness don't match the xenon harness on the prefacelift C63, at least I don't think they do?

It's a shame my facelift lights I'm selling harness don't match the xenon harness on the prefacelift C63, at least I don't think they do?
It's more than likely they won't. I think lee said the oem ones are not compatible. It's just the eBay after market ones that are plug and play.

Felstmiester said:
It's more than likely they won't. I think lee said the oem ones are not compatible. It's just the eBay after market ones that are plug and play.

Mine are the aftermarket ones, with a separate <2011 halogen to 2012> xenon adaptor harness from the same place Lee got his

Mine are only plug and play in 2011> halogen vehicles, adapters required for other combos :dk:

I think a <2011 xenon to <2011 halogen adaptor may work on <2011 c63's

Mine is completely OEM which is why it was so expensive to do, but it means i have full ILS lighting so headlights move with steering etc.
The plg and play lights which are non OEM look just as good but there is no ILS facility on them

Lee C63 said:
The plg and play lights which are non OEM look just as good but there is no ILS facility on them

That's the one, instead of lighting up with direction, the smaller angled lights light up with main beam

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom