C63 Gearbox SW update

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

andy-mc

Car
c63 coupe
Howdy all...

just reading the US forum and there is an interesting thread about some new gearbox update software that improves the shifting between 1,2,3 quite dramatically and seemingly for the better.

Still a little unsure whether its for the MCT box or the older 7g.

Has anybody in the UK heard or read about this?

original thread here:
New Transmission Software = OMG - MBWorld.org Forums

I've posted a thead about this as well. I also read somewhere of a upgrade but apparently there is no such thing for the c63's. For the sls there is but for the c63 the only thing that can help is to reset the gearbox to factory settings. It then learn your driving style.

You could always get your TCU re-mapped (7G) which is supposed to quicken up the shifts.

Good info Andy - are you making enquiries with your local dealer ?

Mine seems loads quicker after the remap tbh so not needed

Interestingly I had mine serviced last week and mentioned that occasionally the gearbox can jerk a little when first moving off after activation drive. When they gave my car back they advised that they had updated the gearbox software to the latest and the issue shouldn't happen again.

It's an MCT box on a 2012 car.

You could always get your TCU re-mapped (7G) which is supposed to quicken up the shifts.

Have you had this done Lee? If so is it worth it

Interestingly I had mine serviced last week and mentioned that occasionally the gearbox can jerk a little when first moving off after activation drive. When they gave my car back they advised that they had updated the gearbox software to the latest and the issue shouldn't happen again.

It's an MCT box on a 2012 car.

I have noticed this as well, might give Benz a call.

I have noticed this as well, might give Benz a call.

Now you mention it, mine stopped doing the slightly startled set off thing after it was serviced too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom