C63 got the Vreds on today...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

WG M-B

Auhorised Forum Sponsor
SUPPORTER
Car
C63 Wagon in black
So I got the Vreds on today for the winter.

Last few mornings have been struggling for grip! But had a ball on the way home on the Vreds

Any other guys with C63's who run them in the winter??

Nope, it won't be out again until April...well if this mornings frost is anything to go by. I thought about a Winter car but instead I've decided on a Supra, so now I'll have to run my Micra battle tank with for 6mths now that some Cnut bashed in my Fiesta ST Ecoboost. I reckon the little burger will do me well With Winter tyres, all I need is a beige cardigan and grey hair. Worst is worst then all I've lost is £400 worth of car, which I freely smash into things already anyhow.

I don't have a C (AMG) at the moment but winter tyres were essential when I did. It was completely useless without them.

Whilst the ML (AMG) is fine in autumn/winter, it's poor in very slippery and snow conditions, and so we have a set of winters for one of them. We don't yet have winters for the other ML (AMG) so I'll have to pull my finger out if rumours of a harsh winter are true.

Last few mornings have been struggling for grip! But had a ball on the way home on the Vreds ?de00

Hi I never used winter tyres ,I find the continental 5 a good all round tyre and never felt the need to buy some winter ones.

Hi I never used winter tyres ,I find the continental 5 a good all round tyre and never felt the need to buy some winter ones.

That's interesting. That's what I run as well

Last few mornings have been struggling for grip! But had a ball on the way home on the Vreds

Terry what type of Vreds are your winter tyres. Had a roundabout moment in the e55 at the weekend so need to get some winter boots on.

Are they Wintrac Extremes?

Last edited:

Until we get a decent snow, in which case the Conti5's will broadly be hopeless with all that torque to manage I'm afraid. I've not tried the Vreds, but run Conti WinterContact TS830's on the SLK55 and they are very good.

Pirelli sottozero here to put on on my SL63 just need to sort TPMS cloning and fit

I have Sottozeros for my SL but I have not yet put them on this year.

Maybe this w/e or next.

Mic

Just had a set of Yokohama W Drive V905's fitted at Wheels in Motion. They are excellent based on driving in horrific rain and cold conditions today. Very good grip and braking. They were the only matching winter tyres I could find at short notice but the guys at WIM recommended them and they are well worth a look. £50 - £60 per corner cheaper than the Contis.

Might go for the Advan Sport v105's for next summer as they are also a good saving on Contis, Michelin's etc but review just as well.

Just had a set of Yokohama W Drive V905's fitted at Wheels in Motion. They are excellent based on driving in horrific rain and cold conditions today. Very good grip and braking. They were the only matching winter tyres I could find at short notice but the guys at WIM recommended them and they are well worth a look. £50 - £60 per corner cheaper than the Contis.

Might go for the Advan Sport v105's for next summer as they are also a good saving on Contis, Michelin's etc but review just as well.

Just done 800 miles in the pouring rain and some snow and can confirm these tyres are excellent. Well worth a look if you have left it late and stuck with paying £190 a corner for Contis.

A bit of tyre roar at speed on some surfaces is the only downside.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom