C63 grill front grill annoying problem

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Felstmiester

MB Enthusiast
Car
Range rover sport
My front grill ( pre facelift ) kinda doesn't clip onto the bottom clips so when I drive it n give it the beans the force pushes the bottom inwards a little.

It's been like it since I got it so I took the cover off and took the grill out earlyer thinking it may not be clipped in properly at the bottom. There is a series of tabs moulded as part of the bumper that the bottom of the grill clips on but they don't hold it. There not worn or nothing it's just no matter how hard you push the clips in they won't errrrr clip.

Anyone else had this problem? I know if I take it to a dealer there just gonna say I need a new bumper or fob me off with a load of crap.

I had the same problem after I removed the grille to be painted. It ended up being one of the tabs at the bottom wasn't quite lined up properly (kept slipping underneath). Once I had them all lined up correctly it went on fine. That being said I did have to use quite a lot of force (finger behind grille and thumb on bumper) to get them to "pop" into place.

Is your grille OEM?

I had the same problem after I removed the grille to be painted. It ended up being one of the tabs at the bottom wasn't quite lined up properly (kept slipping underneath). Once I had them all lined up correctly it went on fine. That being said I did have to use quite a lot of force (finger behind grille and thumb on bumper) to get them to "pop" into place.

Is your grille OEM?

Yes it's oem. I had full access to it as I took the plastic off at the top and I was pushing reasonably hard one hand inside on tab and the other pushing front. Maybe I'll have another go at weekend.

Was considering ordering a facelift grill to maybe solve the problem but I'll have another look first to see if I can get mine to clip in.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom