C63 have I got ILS??

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Felstmiester

MB Enthusiast
Car
Range rover sport
How do I tell if I've got ILS? Thanks in advance.

Felstmiester said:
How do I tell if I've got ILS? Thanks in advance.
what is ils mate?

Turn the steering wheel with lights on and see if the headlights move (or fog lights come on depending on which way you turn - which means you don't have ILS).

Felstmiester said:
Inteligent lighting system.
never heard of it mate ! Mine as automatic lights but I'm not sure if they're intelligent or not!:)

Turn the steering wheel with lights on and see if the headlights move (or fog lights come on depending on which way you turn - which means you don't have ILS).
So if my fog lights come on when cornering it's not got It?

So if my fog lights come on when cornering it's not got It?

The dealer had advertised my 2010 car with ILS, incorrectly, and I got a copy of the datacard to be sure. I believe cornering light function is pointless if you have ILS hence my suggestion to check that way but datacard is best bet.

I had that ILS where the headlight's moved AND fog light's came on when turning.

Cornering function is the fog lights. ILS is enhanced brightness on unlit roads and illuminating more of the roadside. It was an optional extra on my 2010 C63.

You can switch it off in the trip computer, so I guess if you do not have the option in the menu, you do not have it.

So there's no visual sighns on the dash or in settings in cluster?

It will have 'intelligent light system' impressed around the rim of the outer headlamps. If I still had mine I'd take a picture.

I thought it was standard.... i guess mine has it though.

Get the Oasis report from a dealer - then look for the description.

Mine (albeit E Class) is listed as 621 Intell Light System w.Bi Xenon (RHD veh).

Cars with Intelligent light System have these blue led‘s from factory. The light up for 2.5sec then turn white. Cars with LED high performance headlights dont have these led‘s. There you have to change the pcb inside the headlights.

Cars with Intelligent light System have these blue led‘s from factory. The light up for 2.5sec then turn white. Cars with LED high performance headlights dont have these led‘s. There you have to change the pcb inside the headlights.
Mine are blue for a few seconds before turning white and I have ILS.

BTW. This thread is 7 years old. 😁

This might be an old thread, but my SLC has ILS and it doesn't light up blue, but my C Class does. (moot point though, as they both have Intelligent Light System stamped on the light itself)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom