C63 Headbolts changed out for Weistec ARP Studs

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
The modified bolts were fitted at engine number ending 60658.

In addition to the post, the excellent "Mercanic" engineer who came and examined this car for rme said that, in 15 years working for MB, he had seen 1 case of this head bolt issue.....again on an ML63

Sent from my iPad using MBClub UK

Just an update for anyone interested, the car is running sweet and seems much quieter (probably due to changeling out the valve buckets at the same time).
I was a dubious about changing out the bolts one at a time, but after seeing how it's done, and how much corrosion was on the original head bolts I am more than happy it's been done.
Anyone with a car in the "effected" engine number range and is now out of warranty should really consider having the bolts changed out........in my uneducated opinion.

Would you happen to know where a list of effected engine numbers can be found please?

Would you happen to know where a list of effected engine numbers can be found please?

Going on a previous post I would say any engine number before 60658 :)

Parts supply

Digging up an old thread here, does anyone know the best place to buy all these parts in the UK, other than Mercedes obviously.

Thanks

Andy

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom