C63 - Hidden Secret's

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
If you hold the ignition key close to the drivers door lock and press and hold the unlock button, all the windows will wind down, the sunroof will open simultaneously.
Press and hold the lock on the key and they will close!

If you have ventilated seats it also turns them on with the unlock command.

Unlock the potential free of charge

If it's a 450 bhp version the throttle is limited to 90 % so a simple re map will unleash another 50 bhp!!!!

You don't have to pay for a remap to unleash this extra power. There is a secret way of reprogramming the car to the same map as that used on the 507. Follow the steps listed below:

Drive to secluded picnic spot (around dusk)

Open both front windows (fully)
Turn engine off
Turn on the interior lights
Flash your headlights on and off five times
Close your eyes
Wait 5 minutes before opening your eyes and restarting your engine

I bet you drive out of the car park really fast

Last edited:
You don't have to pay for a remap to unleash this extra power. There is a secret way of reprogramming the car to the same map as that used on the 507. Follow the steps listed below:

Drive to secluded picnic spot (around dusk)

Open both front windows (fully)
Turn engine off
Turn on the interior light on
Flash your headlights on and off five times
Close your eyes
Wait 5 minutes before opening your eyes and restarting your engine

I bet you drive out of the car park really fast

Is that tried n tested :D

Is that tried n tested :D

No, but I see see a documentary on channel 4, I think it was called 'Tuning Tales'..... As I recall the above technique would probably work better if you were wearing an owl mask!

There is a great feature which I have somehow managed to loose. On Satnav, when you are getting low on petrol, theres an option where the computer asks you if you want directions to the nearest filling stations. Then it lists them by supplier i.e. shell, BP, Texaco, Tesco etc etc

Despite trying to find it, I still cant get it back :confused: Really good feature too
Suppose you only have this on the newer models??

There is a great feature which I have somehow managed to loose. On Satnav, when you are getting low on petrol, theres an option where the computer asks you if you want directions to the nearest filling stations. Then it lists them by supplier i.e. shell, BP, Texaco, Tesco etc etc

Despite trying to find it, I still cant get it back :confused: Really good feature too

I use linguatronic (press speaking button on steering wheel) say "find nearest filling station" and voila!!

Very nice feature indeed..

I tested it and my car hit a limiter in 6th with 162 mph showing on the speedo.

I finally had a chance to test it and got to 259km/h which is almost 160mph. It didn't want to go any faster but I'm sure it would if it wasn't restricted. It was on 6th gear.

My C63 has been to an indicated 186mph...prior to the Eurocharge remap it would hold steady at 160mph on the limiter.

Pilotprice said:
Press the brake firm down when you come to a stop and the HOLD sign will appear which holds the car until you move off.

Is this feature on the pre facelift model anybody know?

I have a 2010 10 plate C63 but it doesn't seem to work

My old S-class which was a 10 plate didn't have it but my 2012 E-class coupe does, so I presume its down to the year of the car?

Vazza said:
My old S-class which was a 10 plate didn't have it but my 2012 E-class coupe does, so I presume its down to the year of the car?
My E class is on a 59 plate and does have this feature it is an optional extra

2008 CLS 320 CDi, 2011 CLS 350 CDi and 2012 SLK 55AMG all have had the hold feature as standard thought it was a standard feature of the 7speed gearbox.

RR

Gearbox? Nope.

This has been a feature on MB for more than a decade and first appeared with the first SBC brake system, I first saw it on an E-Class (211) in 2002.

It's been developed since then and no longer needs the 'old' SBC system, all the modern Mercs now have it, certainly C-Class upwards.

Just give the brakes another short sharp dab when you've come to a halt and it will activate.

Some info here at wiki..... I'd forgotten that my 211 also automatically braked the car to a standstill in traffic without me having to use the brakes. It wasn't 'active' like the Distronic version by measuring the distance to the car in front, but instead it would brake to a halt in the same distance whenever I took my foot off the throttle. This was deactivated by dealers over a period of years but mine always had it activated.

Sensotronic Brake Control - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Riverside Red said:
2008 CLS 320 CDi, 2011 CLS 350 CDi and 2012 SLK 55AMG all have had the hold feature as standard thought it was a standard feature of the 7speed gearbox. RR

I stand corrected if it is a standard feature of 7G semi auto

On a motorway, if you get to your cruising speed, select M then when the car reaches a hill, it will remain in 7th, rather then dropping a gear for no reason.

It drops out of 7 (regardless of C,S or M) at around 47mph, but won't usually go back into 7th until 53mph.:dk:

Just makes cruising a bit nicer, if you are doing a long distance.

Alternatively, drive off the motorway and wear your tyres out. More fun.:thumb:

When in auto mode, you can still tap the + paddle and it will bring forward the up change (assuming the car is gear speed allow it to go up)

Oh, and if you have a lot of weight in the car, and facing up a steepish hill, the hill hold won't hold it. You may need to temper it with a bit of gentle throttle.

johns E350 said:
I stand corrected if it is a standard feature of 7G semi auto

I have a C250 cdi coupe with a manual gearbox, and that has the hold feature.

test driven one yesterday, in short amazing.

My question is this, can the C63 Coupe' be considered an affordable supercar? as I am no expert but 62 in 4.4 sounds quicker than a few "supercars"

If you are in any of the auto modes you can ull the paddles to any gear showing on the display and it wont change past that.
e.g. pull until you see fourth and that is the highest gear it will engage.
Useful for trackwork in S+

On the coupe if the front seat is all the way back and someone gets in the back seat, the front seat will go back until it senses the rear passengers and adjust itself to give sufficient leg-room to the rear passenger.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom