C63 - Hidden Secret's

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I have a C250 cdi coupe with a manual gearbox, and that has the hold feature.

Aint that called the Hand Brake? :D

The "OK" button turns off most of the hundreds of warnings the car wants to give you and the annoying sat nav woman can also be silenced if you mute it as soon as she speaks.

Otherwise if you have all the safety stuff, (lane warning, blind spot, speed limits etc) it takes a while to turn it all off permanently through set up.

Don't believe the fuel gauge. http://www.honestjg.com/2013/05/c63-amg-german-*******-let-me-down-and.html

The oil is a bugger to check: http://www.honestjg.com/2013/08/the-dangers-of-topping-up-oil-in-c63-amg.html

It is quite economical if Driven on DISTRONIC PLUS on Motorways (I get about 23-25mpg and you can read a book).

You will of course never again set off not knowing if the rear seat belts are undone, which is a relief.

It is on the upper end of "brisk to nippy" if put in Sport +.

Oh and before anyone else says, read the manual is the answer to most problems!

Last edited:
You will of course never again set off not knowing if the rear seat belts are undone, which is a relief!

Haha..... too true.

I have found a way to make my tank last between services.
That's 12 months with having to refill!

sinewave said:
Aint that called the Hand Brake? :D

Lol no, push and hold the brake and 'hold' appears on the screen. Car will act like the braes are being held until you touch the accelerator. Really good feature, I use it all the time.

Lol no, push and hold the brake and 'hold' appears on the screen. Car will act like the braes are being held until you touch the accelerator. Really good feature, I use it all the time.

It is a good feature, yes, except that the brake lights stay on (implying to those behind that you are manually holding the car with the footbrake).

Gearbox? Nope.

This has been a feature on MB for more than a decade and first appeared with the first SBC brake system, I first saw it on an E-Class (211) in 2002.

It's been developed since then and no longer needs the 'old' SBC system, all the modern Mercs now have it, certainly C-Class upwards.

Just give the brakes another short sharp dab when you've come to a halt and it will activate.

Really? My 08 C280 doesn't do this? :confused:

Williamwoo said:
It is a good feature, yes, except that the brake lights stay on (implying to those behind that you are manually holding the car with the footbrake).

That is the main reason I rarely use it because the brake lights stay on would be better if they didn't as I hate brake lights in my face at night when at traffic lights etc

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom