C63 - Hidden Secret's

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Chr1s

Car
E63 AMG
Just picked up my C63 today and wondering if there are any hidden secret or useful hidden options hiding away within the car?

None that I know of........the mirrors fold when I lock the car lol......that's about the only non driving related trick it does!

If it's a 450 bhp version the throttle is limited to 90 % so a simple re map will unleash another 50 bhp!!!!

Press the brake firm down when you come to a stop and the HOLD sign will appear which holds the car until you move off.

Congratulations! I picked mine up 6 weeks or so ago and I love it.. would be interested to learn some tricks too, so far I have learnt if you put in S+ you can almost take off :eek:

In manual (M) mode, when wanting to change down, just hold the left paddle and the car will change down multiple gears quicker than pulling the paddle multiple times...

A couple of things...

1. Watch out for when you hit 5k rpm, you'll experience space shuttle thrust
2. Be careful when entering roundabouts, objects in front of you will be in closer proximty faster than you realise.

Otherwise, simply wind window down turn radio off and enjoy!

Kamal

If you select Manual Mode on the gearbox and do not go beyond 6th gear the limiter will not cut in , hence on a private test track the maximum speed is approachable/ achieveable
A friend drove mine and advised that he achieved 170-175 mph and the car was still accelerating
Not bad for a relatively humble 457bhp version

If you select Manual Mode on the gearbox and do not go beyond 6th gear the limiter will not cut in , hence on a private test track the maximum speed is approachable/ achieveable
A friend drove mine and advised that he achieved 170-175 mph and the car was still accelerating
Not bad for a relatively humble 457bhp version

Anyone else tried that? Worth testing in Germany.

There is a great feature which I have somehow managed to loose. On Satnav, when you are getting low on petrol, theres an option where the computer asks you if you want directions to the nearest filling stations. Then it lists them by supplier i.e. shell, BP, Texaco, Tesco etc etc

Despite trying to find it, I still cant get it back :confused: Really good feature too

If you hold the ignition key close to the drivers door lock and press and hold the unlock button, all the windows will wind down, the sunroof will open simultaneously.
Press and hold the lock on the key and they will close!

ScottBacon said:
There is a great feature which I have somehow managed to loose. On Satnav, when you are getting low on petrol, theres an option where the computer asks you if you want directions to the nearest filling stations. Then it lists them by supplier i.e. shell, BP, Texaco, Tesco etc etc Despite trying to find it, I still cant get it back :confused: Really good feature too

Now that is useful!

Can we say what cars these hidden tricks are on? Pre facelift or newer? I'm fed up with reading stuff about these only to find I'm not worthy as I'm a poor pre facelift owner lol.

Can we say what cars these hidden tricks are on? Pre facelift or newer? I'm fed up with reading stuff about these only to find I'm not worthy as I'm a poor pre facelift owner lol.

The comfort opening and closing is on a facelift...E320cdi from 2000.:D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom