C63 How loud is too loud? confused!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Gt Two

Car
C63 PP
So picked up a C63 AMG today with performance pack and LSD.

Love it and looking forward to getting to know the car.

When I did the deal a week or so ago I started looking at C63 vids on youtube and found resonator deletes, cat deletes and full exhaust systems and now I am confused.

I want the sound just a bit louder, not too much.

So what do I need to do?

X pipe? resonator delete? cat delete? or are these the same things?

Anyone in the Surrey area that has had any of these done?

Cheers

Lee

congrats if you don't mind were did you purchase the car from looking for a similar spec only a few around

Hi and welcome.

One thing that might be of interest to you is the rebellion automotive exhaust it has a switch over valve, so can be used quietly and then by remote control open the valve that makes it louder.

If you want me to get some prices together for you im more than happy to as im a rebellion dealer

+1 for the switching exhaust. It works very well. Let Andy get you a cost for it. You won't be disappointed.

If you do track days, 98db is often the magic number; on the road, whatever floats your boat I guess.

You can fail the MOT if it's subjectively considered too loud compared to a standard exhaust
Reason for Rejection

4. A silencer in such condition, or of such a type, that the noise emitted from the vehicle is clearly unreasonably above the level expected from a similar vehicle with a standard silencer in average condition.

The Rebellion exhaust is mental, without being chavtastic

does it also work on the E63 - and any ida of cost. My car does not sound as good on start up as my friend's C63 - any idea why?

I'd guess the exhaust set up is different, a little similar to the E/S/SL/CLS/CL 55s

But will let the experts respond....

Thanks for the comments guys....now we have moved units and are getting settled in.... Albeit slowly! We can finish off the project... We are also investigating an axle back slip on version that will allow switching with the remainder of the stock system. This will hopefully work so that you can upgrade to the Catback at a separate stage....:thumb:

Thanks for the replies.

I found this on the internet which is good value, secondary cat delete. Still worried about it being too loud. I want to go maybe 20% louder but this seems a lot louder.

Might be because I experience the exhaust note from my car, inside the car. More investigation needed.

W204 C63 Coupe CKS Performance ECU Remap, Sport Air filters & Secondary Catalyst modification - YouTube

Im not sure If I want to replace the whole exhaust on my car and would rather keep the OEM look. I had a Supersprint on my E60 M5 and that was great but I prefer the standard look.

Most the vids I have heard the other exhausts sound worse than standard, the best one ive heard that sounds good is the black one with decats

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom