C63 - How many owners do we have on this Forum?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Just a random thought, are there now more C63 owners here now than regular W204's?

Just a random thought, are there now more C63 owners here now than regular W204's?

Possibly...:D I was actually thinking the same thing a few days ago.

Hi Mika,

It just had to be done, the car looks awesome with the black wheels!

My only reservation is the outer rim, as although the car is only 4 months old some of the "diamond cut" has already come off. I am tempted to go back to MB, but as I will get them refurbed later this year / early next there may be no point.

Cheers

If it has been caused by you hitting a curb go back to MB now. They are fussy with wheels, acknokledge they have quality issues and refurbing diamond cut is not easy, f you want a quality lasting job.

PM me if you want details as I have some wheel issues and dealer is going to put things right.

Kamal

Hi Kamal,

Sorry I've just seen your post.
Unfortunately my post count is not high enough to PM you but I would definitely like to know more as I have some slight curb damage but also have some what I believe is lacquer peeling off on the white / silver edge of the wheel.

Cheers
Colin

Hi Kamal,

Sorry I've just seen your post.
Unfortunately my post count is not high enough to PM you but I would definitely like to know more as I have some slight curb damage but also have some what I believe is lacquer peeling off on the white / silver edge of the wheel.

Cheers
Colin

Colin,

Sorry to hear this - you are case 3 including my own.

Your car is pretty new so suggest you simply take it to the dealer and where it is peeling, point out it is not due to external damage of any sort. They need to fix this under warranty - MB policy is they replace the wheel, not repair. They photograph get authorisation and replace the wheel in question. Check the other wheels carefully - if one is peeling others are likely to be in same situation (now or soon!).

Let us know how you get on and which dealer you do this with. My suggestion would be the same as the dealer that supplied your car.

Kamal

Either I'm doing something very wrong, or C63s have come down a lot in value, 'cos a friend of a friend who's not doing remarkably well in life (long story) has just bought a '58 C63!!!

Nice car, but I'd love to know how he affords to buy/run it, as I'm doing reasonably well and I certainly couldn't justify the costs!

The key word is 'justify'....he/she may never eat, may never drink and may even default on the mortgage to own a C63.

You just never know.

I think they are without doubt an expensive car in some respects
I use mine as my day car, thats either lucky for me or because i am too poor to afford another car as well, depends on your perspective.
Petrol is a huge cost - sometimes i fill up 3 times in 2 or three days @ currently nearly £90 a tank of premium. Ive done 16,000 miles since september 2010
But servicing is cheap £250 for the first one
and i expect it to be reliable - the engine should be bomb proof
Not sure its too easy to justify, but once driven its easy to choose one.
My current thinking when it comes time to change is to keep it as my weekend car and get a nice sensible c class or e class estate
Resale is likely to be poor as fuel prices rise in any case
Almost not a day goes by when someone tells me what a great car it is - dont forget i'm old and deluded so this is music to my ears
I've started using manual mode as well now :D:thumb: which takes it to another level imo.
I got 8.3mpg on the Goodwood trackday recently and my son said " dont complain dad - you knew that when you bought a Race car " - which again adds to the delusion (hehe)
Waffle over ..

I think they are without doubt an expensive car in some respects
I use mine as my day car, thats either lucky for me or because i am too poor to afford another car as well, depends on your perspective.
Petrol is a huge cost - sometimes i fill up 3 times in 2 or three days @ currently nearly £90 a tank of premium. Ive done 16,000 miles since september 2010
But servicing is cheap £250 for the first one
and i expect it to be reliable - the engine should be bomb proof
Not sure its too easy to justify, but once driven its easy to choose one.
My current thinking when it comes time to change is to keep it as my weekend car and get a nice sensible c class or e class estate
Resale is likely to be poor as fuel prices rise in any case
Almost not a day goes by when someone tells me what a great car it is - dont forget i'm old and deluded so this is music to my ears
I've started using manual mode as well now :D:thumb: which takes it to another level imo.
I got 8.3mpg on the Goodwood trackday recently and my son said " dont complain dad - you knew that when you bought a Race car " - which again adds to the delusion (hehe)
Waffle over ..

+1 for what Mika says. You turn the key and you are a happy person...it drives great, and even when you are in traffic people smile or give you a thumbs up. :D

Hay all, my first post too.

08 C63 AMG estate in Palladium silver., must be one of the first estates off the production line. Happily owned for 8 months. Drive her everyday, but I have a fuel card at work that definitely helps!

Drove from Glasgow to Applecross yesterday (400 miles round trip for dinner;)) if you ever get the chance do the 'alpine crossing' for the last 15 miles, not for the aint hearted but one hell of an experience- never mind the wide open Highland roads to enjoy in the company of that exhaust note and handling. Finally got the chance to use the car in manual mode too, usually I'm stuck in traffic on the motorway.

Did Hit a ramp on the way home though, got a puncture and had to drive the last 100 miles at 50mph, but the first 3/4 more than made up for it!

Looked this morning at the wrecked tyre, and now realise I need all four new tyres, 9000 miles in. The debate now is Michelin or Goodyear, but I guess that's for another topic!

08 C63 AMG estate in Palladium silver., must be one of the first estates off the production line. Happily owned for 8 months. Drive her everyday, but I have a fuel card at work that definitely helps!

Drove from Glasgow to Applecross yesterday (400 miles round trip for dinner;)) if you ever get the chance do the 'alpine crossing' for the last 15 miles, not for the aint hearted but one hell of an experience- never mind the wide open Highland roads to enjoy in the company of that exhaust note and handling. Finally got the chance to use the car in manual mode too, usually I'm stuck in traffic on the motorway.

Did Hit a ramp on the way home though, got a puncture and had to drive the last 100 miles at 50mph, but the first 3/4 more than made up for it!

Looked this morning at the wrecked tyre, and now realise I need all four new tyres, 9000 miles in. The debate now is Michelin or Goodyear, but I guess that's for another topic!

Hey Khanja, sounds like you're having fun :). Tyres - how about CS5?

Michelin Pilot SuperSport.....they're the future.

I am like Mika (but taller and less grey hair!) I use mine daily. 10000 miles in 8 months and apart from an oil cooler leak all is fine and dandy. It makes me smile when you gun it but I think it is subtle enough to not attract too much attention. Saying that I did get approval from the 'Lyon Rude Boys' in a pimped up CLK while on hols in France (any relations to Rash?).

It is what I would describe as a 'treat' of a car, my next car may well be another diesel but I will enjoy every mile in this one. Well except for when I have to drive in deep snow.

S

08 C63 AMG estate in Palladium silver., must be one of the first estates off the production line. !

Hi Khanja & welcome:thumb:

I will add you to the list:D

LOL @ simon ..its almost white !

1.Akhan48
2.GMW
3.Mister T
4.Trando
5.SeeSixty3
6.The Don
7.Kamalpatel
8.Maff*
9.Marco66
10.Benjy
11.Beninlux
12.Talleres
13.Mika
14.Scumbag*
15.Pagzzy
16.Simon M*
17.Jack Wood*
18.plallu
19.adeelster*
20.johnhampton
21.JP825
22.Welfoc
23.Khanja
* Estates

Hi Kamal,

I bought the car from MB Epsom but have had some after sale issues with them already. I will take the car over there tomorrow, see what they say and will post the outcome.
I have already decided that for servicing, etc I will be giving MB Brooklands a try.

Cheers
Col

Thanks all- didn't have time to debate so lumped for F1's all round - not bad deal £760 all fitted @Mika remember mines an estate too!

Hi Kamal,

I bought the car from MB Epsom but have had some after sale issues with them already. I will take the car over there tomorrow, see what they say and will post the outcome.
I have already decided that for servicing, etc I will be giving MB Brooklands a try.

Cheers
Col

So far Brooklands have not disappointed. Be interesting to see how they try to not fix the issue.

1.Akhan48
2.GMW
3.Mister T
4.Trando
5.SeeSixty3
6.The Don
7.Kamalpatel
8.Maff*
9.Marco66
10.Benjy
11.Beninlux
12.Talleres
13.Mika
14.Scumbag*
15.Pagzzy
16.Simon M*
17.Jack Wood*
18.plallu
19.adeelster*
20.johnhampton
21.JP825
22.Welfoc
23.Khanja
* Estates

Gents with 23 cars listed on this thread would any of you like to consider the track day on the 13th August at Goodwood?
there is a thread detailing this under "AMG trackday"
you would be more than welcome
and there are only three places left
we currently have 5 C63s listed :D

Hi people, Ive got a 2010 C63 AMG, tenorite grey saloon.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom