C63 ILS 2010 LEDs

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Jack Wood

Car
2013 E63 AMG Estate, Porsche GT3, E39 530d Estate
Hi,

I have seen the new LED Daytime Driving Lights on the 2010 C-Class with the ILS option, and I have been told that by speccing the ILS option on a 2010-build C63 will get some kind of LED DRL's.

The question is, has anyone seen these on a C63 yet? Doesn anyone have a link or pic of them?

Thanks in advance.

Jack

No pics but Spec them as DLRs will/are becoming manditory and will make the new car look newer for longer so easier to sell.

I have specced it already as I want the cornering lights, but just wondered if this was definitely confirmed for the C63 and if so, had any pics been released yet.

I've not seen anything about this as I wondered if this would happen on the AMG cars as well.

My guess is that the C63 will not get the LED lights as the C63 has the 'C63 only' front bumper, and if they were going to offer it I would have thought that Mercedes would have announced it when they announced the other C63 2010 upgrades (PPP and Designo dash etc), or at the least at the same time as they mentioned the MY2010 upgrades including the LED lights for the normal C-class, but it wasn't mentioned on either press release. :(

If they want to continue to sell the C63 after 2011 it'll have to get a new front bumper with the LED fittings. Mercedes have already added them to the lower volume S63 AMG facelift.

If they want to continue to sell the C63 after 2011 it'll have to get a new front bumper with the LED fittings. Mercedes have already added them to the lower volume S63 AMG facelift.

I thought that they can get away with having the side/main lights on all the time to satisfy the DRL law? I.e you don't have to have LED lights?

Of course LED lights look much much better :D

I've not seen anything about this as I wondered if this would happen on the AMG cars as well.

My guess is that the C63 will not get the LED lights as the C63 has the 'C63 only' front bumper, and if they were going to offer it I would have thought that Mercedes would have announced it when they announced the other C63 2010 upgrades (PPP and Designo dash etc), or at the least at the same time as they mentioned the MY2010 upgrades including the LED lights for the normal C-class, but it wasn't mentioned on either press release. :(

Does anyone know how much Designo dash would cost as i have asked my dealership and Merc customer service and they still say it isnt available

Does anyone know how much Designo dash would cost as i have asked my dealership and Merc customer service and they still say it isnt available

£2k plus vat. Available to order now. Let me know if you want the order code and I'll dig it out.

Matt.

£2k plus vat. Available to order now. Let me know if you want the order code and I'll dig it out.

Matt.

I would really like the order code please if it isnt too much trouble to find

What does it actually cover, just the dash?

I really appreciate your help - i cannot believe you know and MB's official arm dont

I would really like the order code please if it isnt too much trouble to find

What does it actually cover, just the dash?

I really appreciate your help - i cannot believe you know and MB's official arm dont

Just ask your dealer to look on their infonet, it was posted on there back in October along with prices and part codes. Just to really help them out - as per infonet PM-0431, dated 23/10/09

From the MB Press release:
New black designo leather as an optional extra will enhance the interior even further and covers the upper section of the dashboard, the upper door trim and the armrest on the centre console. This high-quality feature is available in conjunction with nappa leather appointments.

The cost on my order form is £1919.15 plus VAT. Part code is E06 but you also need to order the Nappa Leather seats in order to have the leather appointments mentioned in the PR above.

Hope this helps! :)

I was quoted £2255 for the E06 accessory.

Still no confirmation on the ILS from the dealer yet.

Or a build date.

It's a shame the much-lauded MCT 'box isn't included in the 2010 spec :(

Just ask your dealer to look on their infonet, it was posted on there back in October along with prices and part codes. Just to really help them out - as per infonet PM-0431, dated 23/10/09

From the MB Press release:
New black designo leather as an optional extra will enhance the interior even further and covers the upper section of the dashboard, the upper door trim and the armrest on the centre console. This high-quality feature is available in conjunction with nappa leather appointments.

The cost on my order form is £1919.15 plus VAT. Part code is E06 but you also need to order the Nappa Leather seats in order to have the leather appointments mentioned in the PR above.

Hope this helps! :)

That is so helpful, thank you so much

Mine was built on the 27th March and has ILS - no LED DRL's are included.

The guy at AMG said they won't be fitting LED's to the C63's....thats they same guy that 4 weeks ago told me no factory (current shape) C63 would have more power than the PPP :mad:

Therefore on that basis, expect C63's with LED's soon :crazy:

In all honesty...I haven't got a clue. Maff...where are you??? You are the Oracle when it comes to future C63 info!!

The guy at AMG said they won't be fitting LED's to the C63's....thats they same guy that 4 weeks ago told me no factory (current shape) C63 would have more power than the PPP :mad:

In all honesty...I haven't got a clue. Maff...where are you??? You are the Oracle when it comes to future C63 info!!

LOL, saw a W204 (but non AMG) with the LED lights on a recent trip to Germany, looked nice. Not sure how it would work on the '63 yet with the current foglight design.

I think that's the issue. Will probably take the plunge anyway....

Mine was built on the 27th March and has ILS - no LED DRL's are included.

So they are making a more powerful C63 than the current PPP car? Details?

Edit: Duh, just read down a few threads :)

Hi Jack im new to this forum and recently picked up my c63.
Ive also been looking for LED`S .
Have a look at my new post.

So how are they going to configure the C63 for the EU requirement of DRLs from Feb 2011?

Surely a facelift is on it's way.....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom