C63 insurance

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

fordgt40

Car
C63 AMG estate
I'm thinking of swopping my 2010 £350 CDI sport estate for a C63 estate, I know insurance varies but I'd like to know what people are paying, I've been quoted £424 with 'More Than' fully protected bonus for the C63, I think this is quite reasonable, or is it?

Oh my god. I don't mean to sound funny, but if your paying ~ £400 for one of the fastest estate cars money can buy, JUST DO IT !

I wouldn't even think twice if that was the only factor you're considering!

That does sound jolly reasonable.

If you go for it, please consider my offer for £351 for your current CDi. You'll even make a £1 profit on the deal!! ;) :D

Yes I'll probably go for it, only problem is I've only been offered £23,000 for my C350 CDI as a trade in, it's only done 8,500 miles, palladium silver, leather, command, heated seats and with 2 more years free servicing, I'm sure it's worth more but after driving the C63 it's a no brainer.

I've been quoted £424 with 'More Than' fully protected bonus for the C63, I think this is quite reasonable, or is it?
Bloody 'ell :eek: Thats cheap. Where do you live?!
Are you sure they haven't quoted you £424 extra on top your existing policy :confused:

Yes I'll probably go for it, only problem is I've only been offered £23,000 for my C350 CDI as a trade in, it's only done 8,500 miles, palladium silver, leather, command, heated seats and with 2 more years free servicing, I'm sure it's worth more but after driving the C63 it's a no brainer.
Head or heart......

Heart -- C63 no contest.......
Head -- What's your annual mileage. Factor in 40 mpg for Cdi and 18 mpg for C63....Then there's depreciation. You have seen how your car has dropped -- in a few years time what will be the value of the C63.

If you use your head you will keep your Cdi if your heart leads your wallet - why have you even bothered posting here....you know you will get it.:D:bannana::D

C350cdi is one of the best all round cars money can buy.

It has more performance than you're generally ever going to use.

The C63 is, in reality, a second car unless you're well off of course and money simply doesn't matter.

If insurance is a consideration then the fuel bill will kill you.

Head or heart......

Heart -- C63 no contest.......
Head -- What's your annual mileage. Factor in 40 mpg for Cdi and 18 mpg for C63....Then there's depreciation. You have seen how your car has dropped -- in a few years time what will be the value of the C63.

If you use your head you will keep your Cdi if your heart leads your wallet - why have you even bothered posting here....you know you will get it.:D:bannana::D

Heart has always ruled but recently I've been persuaded by those who know better to go for the diesel for economy and residual value but as I'm a petrol head through and through and it will not go away no matter how much I try, there is absolutely no doubt the petrol engine is better by far.

I've got a GT40 and sometimes I start the engine just to listen to it, the C63 is the same, it just sounds wonderful, sorry to ramble on about sound but it's important to me.

I would do very little mileage in the C63, maybe 5000 per year, so the fuel costs are not that important (we've got a diesel VW Passat CC for longer journeys) anyway petrol is cheaper than diesel.

The C63 would be a keeper but as my wife says ' I've heard that before'

Regarding the insurance cost, we live in Preston, Lancashire and the post code is town centre although it's about 2 miles out of town so it's a high risk area, it does sound cheap and it's for a full year in fact there is no charge for the remainder of my existing policy.

Why not just get a Brabus powerkit fitted to your car, it will still put a smile on your face!!

Given the above extra information what on earth are you thinking about, just get it.

From your first post I assumed it was an only vehicle.

Why not just get a Brabus powerkit fitted to your car, it will still put a smile on your face!!

Brabus, too expensive, tried the Chipexpress route, very good company to deal with but it didn't make a great deal of difference, maybe I was expecting too much, so sent it back and got a full refund.

Given the above extra information what on earth are you thinking about, just get it.

From your first post I assumed it was an only vehicle.

You're right I should do it and will do it, you only live once.

Bought it, picking it up next week, can't wait

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom