C63 Insurance

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

GBC63

Car
C63 Coupe
I'm 28, 7 years NCB, 3 points (SP50).

Have been insured with Elephant for years and I paid £903 for my BMW 330d last month at renewal but when I quoted for my new C63 AMG Coupe they wanted to increase it to around £1650.

Mercedes quoted £13,000
Adrian Flux ~£2000
Generally the quotes were £2500 - £3500

But to my absolute delight, Privilege quoted me £780 which includes protected NCB, legal cover, £250 voluntary excess, based on 10K per annum mileage, and even added my old man on there.

Have been insured with Elephant for years and I paid £903 for my BMW 330d last month at renewal but when I quoted for my new C63 AMG Coupe they wanted to increase it to around £1650.

Mercedes quoted £13,000
Adrian Flux ~£2000

But to my absolute delight, Privilege quoted me £780 which includes protected NCB, legal cover, £250 voluntary excess, based on 10K per annum mileage, and even added my old man on there.
I think the MB quote is "go away, we don't want your business" :D

Never found Mercedes insurance to be anywhere competitive and I am a "safe" risk for both driver and location. Bizarrely Privilege where cheaper for the A45 than Aviva for the C350!!

13K from Mercedes??!!!! What sort of calculation can this even be based on????

Ten elena said:
13K from Mercedes??!!!! What sort of calculation can this even be based on????
They work on the assumption that quoting a daft price will cause less offence than them saying "we don't want to insure you". It also means that you can still honestly answer "no" to the question "Have you ever been declined motor insurance".

Mercedes quoted £13,000
Adrian Flux ~£2000

Adding your father probably helped reduce the premium

When I got a ridiculous quote from Mercedes they explained that it was because my 35 year old wife with a clean licence was classed as a young reckless driver.

They work on the assumption that quoting a daft price will cause less offence than them saying "we don't want to insure you". It also means that you can still honestly answer "no" to the question "Have you ever been declined motor insurance".

That is precisely the case.

It's the same as the tradesman who quotes £5K for a £1K fiddly job that he does not want to do.

My understanding is that you're not being declined if they refuse to quote.

An example say where you are with an insurer that only insured cars up to a certain value - you then buy a new car above that value and they will refuse to quote on it once they have the details. So you cancel the policy and get a new one with an insurer that does quote. But you haven't been declined. You're original insurer would be happy take you on as a customer if you subsequently change the car to one that does conform with their policy.

I used mercedes
It was less than £500

But my wife and I are 100 years old

I don' t have wrong post code and Mercedes quoted me 14K. Bought insurance in Admiral for about £600.

Get the wrong postcode and that is entirely believable.

For a C180.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom