C63 insurance

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Flyingsparks

Car
BMW
Hi everyone

I'll be getting a c63 coupe soon and I've been looking into insurance. My current car is coming up for renewal in a few weeks and I'd like to go with an insurance company who will give a reasonable price on both, so that a mid term change is straightforward.

So far I've been getting silly prices for the c63. I think the insurers hate my London postcode, although the car would be kept in a secure car park overnight.

Anyone else in London or higher risk postcode and have a c63? Who are you insured with and what's your premium please?

Cheers

Will one of the cars be without no claims bonus? If so you need to find an insurer who will mirror your NCB as that will make a big difference to the cost.

Have just renewed the insurance on my E55k, declared the modifications, fully comp ins.
Best quote again this year was Admiral whom wanted to fleece me for £214, haggled it down to £198 and went with that.

South coast postcode and car on drive. Oh, and an old git too.

not too helpful but an idea of costs.

How much is a silly price?

How much do you want a C63?

Wow some really unhelpful replies guys. Yes I know that insurance varies and yes everyone is different - you don't need to write a post telling me this. And to say that insurance is "pot luck" - errr no, it's mathematical and depends on a number of risk factors.

The question I asked is whether anyone has a c63 and is insured in a London or high risk postcode...

@greenmanslk Best so far was with my current insurer, Sky Insurance, but they want a tracker fitted - £860. Other quotes are around £1400.

Wow some really unhelpful replies guys. Yes I know that insurance varies and yes everyone is different - you don't need to write a post telling me this. And to say that insurance is "pot luck" - errr no, it's mathematical and depends on a number of risk factors.

The question I asked is whether anyone has a c63 and is insured in a London or high risk postcode...

@greenmanslk Best so far was with my current insurer, Sky Insurance, but they want a tracker fitted - £860. Other quotes are around £1400.
I have found Admiral Multicar to be competitive, and before that Directline were, but not in London insuring a C63. I hope it helps.

Been with Admiral for a number of years now.

Had a 3 car policy up until a couple of months ago. Our E39 528i estate on a P reg was to much to fix had a big issue with the fuel system and ecu of the car. Scrapped it to keep it short.

Our s211 e320 CDI 2004 and my w212 E63 0n a 59 plate. Just under 1k this time around. Have just actually accepted the renewal of yesterday.

I'm in a high risk london postcode.

I've now gone through Keith Michaels and my premium is £2000 which was a lot cheaper than any comparison. Partly due to the modifications i had and that none of these high street companies wanted to entertain.

£860 is a bargain even with a tracker fitted. I'd grab that and run! Sky Insurance is also pretty good when it comes to modifications.

I always ring Admiral up and negotiate. I live in Surrey. I paid £550 with 10 NCB for my c63 507.

Thanks AMV amd rocky, I'll give Keith Michaels and admiral a call tomorrow.

Yes tbf £860 isn't terrible. I didn't ask too much about the tracker but I assumed it would need to be professionally fitted and then a subscription for £150-£200/year. I'll research trackers a little more and ask Sky exactly the type of tracker they'd want.

Other companies I've seen people mention are:

A Plan (will call)
GoSkippy (£2800..)
LV (won't insure c63 now for some reason)

I've used Adrian Flux in the past for modified cars but they also wanted £3000.. :rolleyes:

I'm used to paying about about £400 on my modified 135i but it seems the c63 is in a completely different league, in terms of insurance anyway. Must also be due to the value and potential theft risk.

If you had shared your age, driving history, NCB, rough post code, you might have found a member with similar history

yes insurance premium are driven stats and probability and the state of the underwriters book, and to some extent the brokers book

someone offering good premiums today may well be offering very different premiums tomorrow

Enjoy your search and hope you find a reasonable premium- those you’ve been quoted seem reasonable for a car with quite a high theft rate

If insurance is just mathematical based on risk factors then why are premiums quoted for the same person and car so different between insurance companies and often the same company on different dates.

Some insurance companies don't want to insure a C63 and quote high, others are happy to insure a C63 and quote much lower, same car same person totally different quotes, nothing mathematical at all.

Also try aviva plus, especially if you're thinking of a multi car policy.

Also try aviva plus, especially if you're thinking of a multi car policy.
For me multicar policies have never been cheaper than individual policies with different companies, i dont know why this is as plenty of people swear by them.

Last edited:
Hi everyone

I'll be getting a c63 coupe soon and I've been looking into insurance. My current car is coming up for renewal in a few weeks and I'd like to go with an insurance company who will give a reasonable price on both, so that a mid term change is straightforward.

So far I've been getting silly prices for the c63. I think the insurers hate my London postcode, although the car would be kept in a secure car park overnight.

Anyone else in London or higher risk postcode and have a c63? Who are you insured with and what's your premium please?

Cheers
Hi, I’ve got my c63 insurance through top marques, classic car insurance with Agreed value. I use my no claims bonus on my company car and as the c63 is a classic insurance policy i don’t need any ncb for this policy and I pay £520 yearly.

Nice, thanks all.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom