C63 Irregular Idle

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OK managed to get some time today to take the car to the garage and get it on the diagnostics, so hopefully will get to the bottom of the issue. Will keep you guys posted.

Naz

Naz

If no fault lights are showing dealer will find it hard to diagnose. I would check the spark plugs first as they the cheapest option to replace , then if it continues change the coil packs.

Mine was intermittent, and only whilst idling - no loss of power or performance car would not skip a beat. Only whilst stationary at traffic lights it was rhythmic a slight tap/judder.

Anyways hope this helps. Let me know the outcome.

Naz

If no fault lights are showing dealer will find it hard to diagnose. I would check the spark plugs first as they the cheapest option to replace , then if it continues change the coil packs.

Mine was intermittent, and only whilst idling - no loss of power or performance car would not skip a beat. Only whilst stationary at traffic lights it was rhythmic a slight tap/judder.

Exactly what I have on my E63

Naz

Well you were spot on, due to no fault codes registered couldn’t be diagnosed and whilst the car was them the issue did not occur TYPICAL!! However on the drive back I didn’t notice it either so will keep on monitoring.

However the issue you described was identical to mine, out of curiosity was your issue resolved by changing the spark plugs?

Naz

Well you were spot on, due to no fault codes registered couldn’t be diagnosed and whilst the car was them the issue did not occur TYPICAL!! However on the drive back I didn’t notice it either so will keep on monitoring.

However the issue you described was identical to mine, out of curiosity was your issue resolved by changing the spark plugs?

Naz

Just check the spark plug gap.....I had new plugs put in and the misfire started.....no error codes. Plug gap was slightly out from recommended but once it was set at correct gap no more slight misfire at idle.....

I have noticed mine does this if its been driving for a while, not when its cold.

kind of mini lumpy around 500 to 550 revs in traffic.....

Just check the spark plug gap.....I had new plugs put in and the misfire started.....no error codes. Plug gap was slightly out from recommended but once it was set at correct gap no more slight misfire at idle.....

Good point!

Coil pack / Plugs. You need to get someone to test your cylinders to determine which one(s) are causing it.

So update, today I just decided to replace all 8 spark plugs to see if this made any difference and it was a good job I did as they needed replacing. Thanks Lee C63 looks like it was the spark plugs because already I have noticed a difference. I haven’t driven it that long as only got the car back a couple of hours ago but so far so good!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom