C63 - is it worth remapping ??

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

AdmysterC63

Any experts on remapping on here - should I remap my C63 or not ??
Performance gains are what ??
Economy gains are what ??
Is warranty effected ??
Any advice to an MB club novice would be appreciated.

Attachments

• image-981290054.jpg
    image-981290054.jpg
    54.2 KB · Views: 78
Any experts on remapping on here - should I remap my C63 or not ?? Entirely up to you, though why not. ;)
Performance gains are what ?? Not massive, though it's a good starting point.
Economy gains are what ?? Does not compute :dk:
Is warranty effected ?? Yes probably, if Mercedes were to find out.

Some of the serious C63 boys will no doubt be along shortly, but that's my take on it anyway. Usually it starts with a remap and goes a bit OTT from there. :D

My personal first step would be a limited slip diff if it's not got one. Get the ability to put the power down before going for more of it.

As above then X pipe and secondary cat delete or just ring Acid at MSL with your debit card and diary handy.

Tony.

Remap & an LSD is a MUST!

H+R Springs is also worth it IMO.

Remapped mine when I had it and it took it from 486 bhp to 513 bhp 520 ps, but was the torque that made the difference taking it to 650 nm which made it a bit of a monster. Is it worth it... absolutely, one of the best £600's I ever spent and made the car so much more driveable but as daveenty says its all a personal preference. Did I notice any difference in mpg... no not really but my goal was to make mine a 520 ps monster as at the time the DR520 was out but cost £10,000 more than the standard C63, so I saw it as a £9,400 saving.

Reactions: Smw
Stage 1 remap bumpf from GAD

The cost of our remap is £850. That will take your C63 to around the 520bhp (some gain more as the engines are all hand built) with 670-680Nm of torque. It will be as powerful as a Black Series.

We can also offer upgrades such as performance air filters and full exhaust upgrades which include manifolds and you would see an extra 30-40bhp.

Put it another way; you're std C63 engine is artifically restricted. Why spend all that money to not get the real deal. Get the remap and let the engine perform as designed. That was my rational.

Oh and my car increased from 455bhp to 507bhp with added pops & bangs for good measure. Would I do it again...100% yes. Everytime.

I think it's worth it just for the difference it makes to the exhaust note. Like said above. More pops n bangs and noticeably louder.

If it's a standard car that's 457bhp just get it re-mapped...... Must be a Eurocharged map ( free updates as they improve the map).
Then a LSD to help put the power down

As for going further it depends on how much your willing to spend and how far your willing to go

Speak with MSL they really are the number 1 tuner for the C63 platform

Any experts on remapping on here - should I remap my C63 or not ??
Performance gains are what ??
Economy gains are what ??
Is warranty effected ??

We remap C63's every week. We have had 7 in the last week alone and 3 more to do before the end of the week. Average is around 520bhp and we offer full updates for further modifications and continually update our files which is currently on V5. Depending on your location we can recommend where is best, in addtion to our location we currently have the following dealers

Rebellion
PCS
MSL
Wallace

So if 95 unleaded is the only fuel available to me what would the expected power be after a remap, anyone have any ideas?

legacydan said:
So if 95 unleaded is the only fuel available to me what would the expected power be after a remap, anyone have any ideas?
hi mate my car is remapped and I don't care what fuel goes in it and I don't notice any difference between high octane fuel or standard car is fast with both .

Sent from my iPhone using MBClub UK

Mate just speak to acid at MSL. For the money you can unleash another 50bhp+ It's a no brainier. The car sounds better but the biggest difference is the torque. Makes the car a real torque monster which is why many guys have opted for the Quaiffe LSD aswell.

I'm sure the ecu is clever enough to retard the timing when u run on 95 to keep it safe, but it would be interesting to see how it affects the power output of the car. Maybe it's not much of an issue on n/a engines

legacydan said:
I'm sure the ecu is clever enough to retard the timing when u run on 95 to keep it safe, but it would be interesting to see how it affects the power output of the car. Maybe it's not much of an issue on n/a engines
as I said I use both and I haven't noticed a thing

Sent from my iPhone using MBClub UK

Running 95 RON you can still make 500bhp. Car responds better to decent fuel though.

SavMan@EC said:
We remap C63's every week. We have had 7 in the last week alone and 3 more to do before the end of the week. Average is around 520bhp and we offer full updates for further modifications and continually update our files which is currently on V5. Depending on your location we can recommend where is best, in addtion to our location we currently have the following dealers Rebellion PCS MSL Wallace

I'm down in sunny Weston super Mare
Adam.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom