C63 - is it worth remapping ??

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
The truth is that the C63 6.2ltr was de tuned electronically otherwise it would have been faster than the E63 with the same engine as the C63 is a lighter car and they couldn't have the lower model being faster than a more expensive version. The C63 AMG Engine is totally capable of much more.

I've had two C63's, both remapped and never had any problems. It goes in next week at MSL for a Quaife LSD, so I can make the most of the car in normally aspirated form.

That's my thinking too. I will do the LSD later and also full IPE exhaust
:rock:

Put it another way; you're std C63 engine is artifically restricted. Why spend all that money to not get the real deal. Get the remap and let the engine perform as designed. That was my rational.

Oh and my car increased from 455bhp to 507bhp with added pops & bangs for good measure. Would I do it again...100% yes. Everytime.

That was my understanding of it as well. Restricted to keep it in line with the AMG range but same engine as the likes of my CLS63 which has 510bhp.

A re-map essentially frees up the power as opposed to forcing more out of the car. Can't be a bad thing :)

At the 520bhp the 6.2 V8 is nowhere near stressed in any form whether it be a standard lump or PPP/507 engine. The fact you can stage 1 supercharge to nearly 700bhp without the need to look at internals is testament to the reliability of the engine. Over 700bhp and you should really use a PPP or 507. Higher still and you're looking at transmission mods and cooling too.

Power gains for a normally aspirated engine are normally quite modest.
The fact that it is possible to get a greater than 10% increase on these cars shows that it is de-tuned in standard form - in my opinion.

I have always been lead to believe that the throttle only opens to 75% in standard map..

Remap allows the throttle to open 100% ...

More power....

Any truth in this ?

I have always been lead to believe that the throttle only opens to 75% in standard map..

Remap allows the throttle to open 100% ...

More power....

Any truth in this ?

Not sure of the percentages, but you are totally correct, the throttle bodies are electronically limited as to how much they open on the standard car, on a remapped car this limiting is removed and the fuelling is adjusted to compensate, other parameters such as ignition timing are also adjusted to suit.

We remap C63's every week. We have had 7 in the last week alone and 3 more to do before the end of the week. Average is around 520bhp and we offer full updates for further modifications and continually update our files which is currently on V5. Depending on your location we can recommend where is best, in addtion to our location we currently have the following dealers

Rebellion
PCS
MSL
Wallace
When the car has been remapped is the limiter automatically removed? Or is the top speed limited by something else?

When the car has been remapped is the limiter automatically removed? Or is the top speed limited by something else?

If you purchase a Eurocharged map it would normally come with the top speed limiter removed. If you were wanting to keep the limiter I'm sure Jerry at Eurocharged could tailor the map to suit.

Not sure of the percentages, but you are totally correct, the throttle bodies are electronically limited as to how much they open on the standard car, on a remapped car this limiting is removed and the fuelling is adjusted to compensate, other parameters such as ignition timing are also adjusted to suit.

Japanese superbikes in the 90's used this trick to show faith with the 'gentlemen's' agreement on max 100hp engines. In some cases it just need a different throttle cable quadrant to get the full 130-150bhp that the engines made. Many free horses for about 10 mins work.

Car manufacturers have used arbitrary power restrictions in ECU's for years to keep model differentiations clear and obvious. Supercharged 3.0litre engine in Audi S4 was always a 500bhp motor, despite being turned down to 333bhp in the production setup, as many very happy owners discovered for the cost of a trusted remap.....

We remap C63's every week. We have had 7 in the last week alone and 3 more to do before the end of the week. Average is around 520bhp and we offer full updates for further modifications and continually update our files which is currently on V5. Depending on your location we can recommend where is best, in addtion to our location we currently have the following dealers

Rebellion
PCS
MSL
Wallace

Hi savman

I’ve have a 507 (I love it) and bought a new c63s (brand new factory built with every pack). I took a c63s round the track with an ex rally driver friend who was very complimentary on the 507 and we played through the intricacies and differences. It’s fast and hi tech and feels a lot tighter. But I want quicker. What can you guys do on a top factory spec brand new c63s? Can you also improve fuel? Presume warranty is void? Only interested in under the hood inc slip diff. Also interested in entertaining a bespoke option / signature model if there are like minds between us. My email [email protected] if you want to get in touch. What is the place you work? I’m in london. Best wishes for Easter. Benj

Hi savman

I’ve have a 507 (I love it) and bought a new c63s (brand new factory built with every pack). I took a c63s round the track with an ex rally driver friend who was very complimentary on the 507 and we played through the intricacies and differences. It’s fast and hi tech and feels a lot tighter. But I want quicker. What can you guys do on a top factory spec brand new c63s? Can you also improve fuel? Presume warranty is void? Only interested in under the hood inc slip diff. Also interested in entertaining a bespoke option / signature model if there are like minds between us. My email [email protected] if you want to get in touch. What is the place you work? I’m in london. Best wishes for Easter. Benj

Savman left the forum in a cloud of controversy and won't be replying to your post.

Get in touch with Acid at MSL Performance Birmingham if you want to know anything regarding remapping either your 507 or the new C63s.
They do have a branch in E London.

Coming Soon the website is still under construction but contact details and address are there.

Ive been informed the mech lsd isnt as good as a plated LSD for max power to the rear wheels , can someone confirm this?

Think you will find this thread was about remapping the C63 and not about LSD's
Also the thread is nearly 4 years old!

I would start a new thread of your own.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom