C63 Lowered Today 20mm @ MSL

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ACID

MB Enthusiast
Car
C63 Supercharged Stage 3 and E63s Estate
C63 AMG been lowered by 20mm H&R @msl performance

Full IPE exhaust System mapped running over 560bhp!!!!!

Sitting nice!! Does that belong to a footballer? Sure I've seen a vid of that car being wrapped.

Mmmm! I dont like the way the back sits, the wheel arch is now dwarfing the wheel, would have been better with larger 20" wheels?
Or it may just be the camera angle?
I am not a big fan of fitting a set of stiffer / lowered springs, just to get that touring car look.
They wont admit it, but the ride and handling will not be a patch on the original set up, as the shocks and springs will not be matched to work in harmony with each other.
Its much more expensive, but better to fit a good set of adjustable coilovers like Bilstein , KW, that way you can lower to the desired height and set up the damping to suit.

May want to have a word with Lee about that. He of the Weistec 700bhp + C63.

I know that he has the H & R springs on his and swears by them. I think that they were also done by MSL though he'll confirm.

May want to have a word with Lee about that. He of the Weistec 700bhp + C63.

I know that he has the H & R springs on his and swears by them. I think that they were also done by MSL though he'll confirm.

Nope Dave,.....shame on you.

I have fully adjustable KW "DDC" coilovers....3 different suspension damping settings at the touch of a button or 100% damping adjustment via a APP on my mobile phone (due to having the WLAN module).

I couldnt really put into words how much it changed the handling. Fantastic bit of kit.
http://www.mbclub.co.uk/forums/amg-lounge/[email protected]

Doh... Sorry Lee, must be an age thing. :(

I actually read that thread as well so no other excuses.

Honest I speak from learning the hard way!
I mean its totally up to the customer how he wants the car to look. But if you are fitting lowering springs then fit a matching set of sport shocks with the appropriate travel, this way they compliment each other.
Otherwise when going over bumps the stiffer shorter spring fights with the standard shocks and you get that horrible, bounce, bounce , bounce effect until the car settles out.
Another downside is the extra load it places on bushes, wheel bearings etc.

Sitting nice!! Does that belong to a footballer? Sure I've seen a vid of that car being wrapped.

This is not a Footballers car hehe but I have seen a few wrapped in this colour.

Honest I speak from learning the hard way!
I mean its totally up to the customer how he wants the car to look. But if you are fitting lowering springs then fit a matching set of sport shocks with the appropriate travel, this way they compliment each other.
Otherwise when going over bumps the stiffer shorter spring fights with the standard shocks and you get that horrible, bounce, bounce , bounce effect until the car settles out.
Another downside is the extra load it places on bushes, wheel bearings etc.

We have done a lot of c63s now with these springs. The car has less bounce then stock and the handling is much better. I have the same springs in my c63 with 18" Alloys and I can personally say that my car drives a lot better. You are more then welcome to drive my car to see how it feels.

The KW Coil-over Kit we Fitted to Lee's Car is a Awesome bit of Kit. But a lot of the times it does come down to what the customer wants to Spend.

Acid

I have the same springs in my c63 with 18" Alloys and I can personally say that my car drives a lot better.

I knew that someone had them done, and I've driven the thing... :D

You are more then welcome to drive my car to see how it feels.

An offer worth accepting just for the experience, the noise is addictive though it's a bit too harsh for my taste.

The KW Coil-over Kit we Fitted to Lee's Car is a Awesome bit of Kit. But a lot of the times it does come down to what the customer wants to Spend.

Acid

C63 AMG been lowered by 20mm H&R

Do the H+R springs come in different "drops" as the only H+R ones I have seen advertised for my CLS come with a 30mm height reduction OR are the springs a 30mm drop based on a standard car but as the 63 sits lower than the standard car to start with it only drops it by 20mm ?

Kenny

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom