C63 m mode

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Felstmiester

MB Enthusiast
Car
Range rover sport
No denying the gearbox is slow on these but I just read that if in manual mode it's quicker if you use the gear stick? Also is it only the newer models that blip on downshifts?

The ones that blip have the MCT gearbox, with C, S, S+, M.

S+ and M blip on up and downshifts.

Really... mine blips on down shift and is not MCT

Ok, perhaps it's all of them.

I know that on the MCT box it's only S+ and M.

Does it bang on the upshift?

Ok, perhaps it's all of them.

I know that on the MCT box it's only S+ and M.

Does it bang on the upshift?

No.... I drove an RS4 that did.... even better than the blip I think.
Stop making me sad.

I've heard very mixed views about the c63 gearbox. I've read a thread where someone reckoned they could map the ecu for quicker gear changes but I'm sure this is not the case. Aaahhhh why don't the older ones blip on downshifts!!!!

You can get a tcu map done.
Or you can get a upgraded hydraulic "pack" (weistec) which speeds up the changes and applies an increased pressure to the transmission.

Mine blips on downshifts ( only in sport or manual) and mines a 2010

Not sure about the newer gearboxes, but with the 7G & 7G+ boxes, "S" shifts 50% quicker than "C" and "M" shifts 20% quicker than "S" (if I remember correctly).

I don't believe gears shift any quicker if you use the gear stick/ shifter.

Always use paddles if using "M".

As for pops and bangs from the exhaust, any 63 will pop and bang with alittle exhaust work.

C = slowest
S = a bit quicker
S+ / M = fastest with blips on downshifts and crazy farting on full note acceleration up shifts at 5k rpm +

Other random spitting noises at different times :)

Been investigating this of late, and you get a fabulous down shift bark from 3rd to 2nd gear at around 4k revs using manual mode. The blips or barks if you want to call them, only really happen in S+ and M mode gear settings. You do get a nice up and down shift in S and C but much more pronounced in S+ and M modes. Regarding the louder blip/ bark upshifts these can happen anything past 5k 5.5k revs and even more pronounced the nearer you are to the rev limiter, when you do catch them right the sound is amazing and very addictive. More investigation needed...........😁

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom