C63 M156 camshaft adjusters

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

EspritSE

Car
C32 & C63 AMG
Hello all,

I've purchased a 2010 C63 and am changing the head bolts. There was no problem with the engine prior to this just want peace of mind.

I've removed the cam adjusters on the right bank. I started with the inlet cam adjuster and was expecting to find a washer between the cam adjuster and the end of the camshaft but there was nothing there. Slightly panicked I'd dropped it in to the sump I was very careful taking off the exhaust cam adjuster and no washer again. The WIS talks about a washer and there is one listed on the epc. I sincerely doubt the cam adjusters have been removed before, not in the comprehensive history file I got with the car. The engine has done 54k miles.

The engine has the later black plastic cam covers but it has the early female head bolts.

Does anyone else have experience of this, did MB change the spec such that no washers are required?

Thanks in advance

Why on earth change them if the car had no issues!

If you have more £ to burn send it my way,thanks.

Why on earth change them if the car had no issues!
As the OP stated, peace of mind; same reason I'm having the intercooler pump replaced on my CLS 63.

For anyone looking at this later, no washers on left cylinder bank either. All reassembled without washers, TOK with new head bolts.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom