C63 manual shift down 2 gears

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Stevie1982

Car
2014 C63 AMG
So although there are a few c63 gearbox threads around this is a specific question as I'm a little confused and wondering if I'm missing something so,

When in sports plus driving at say 50-60 and the gearbox is in 6th or 7th with a slight press of the accelerator pedal and it will drop to 4th or 5th in an instance. So drops 2 gears at once

In manual mode, same speeds same gears. Pull the down shift and it drops a single gear. Pull it twice and it still drops a single gear. You have to wait for each gear to engage before down shifting again

Question is, is this right? Can you not opt to down shift 2 gears as quick as it does in sport plus by the press of the loud pedal

Or am I doing somethig wrong

Cheers

On the older 722.6 (5G) 'box if one holds the paddle for a few seconds the #box will change down to the gear best for max acceleration, be that one, two or more..

Must admit not tried in whilst in Manual mode as I would be changing down through the gears as required anyway.

Sounds right. In manual you have to pull and hold back for the lowest downshift possible.

Holding the left paddle for a few seconds with select the "optimum" gear for acceleration....and switches you to manual.
Holding the right paddle for a few seconds takes you back to auto.

Should of said I have a facelift c63 so the updated gearbox, not sure of that makes a difference

So pull and hold and it'll pick the right one, will give that a whirl on the way home.

Cheers

Yes all good and enjoy

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom