C63 mode selection

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

NAV8

Car
C63 AMG
Afternoon all,

Just decided to go for a spirited drive in the amg, but unfortunately the mode selector switch was not lit up. (C,s,s+)

In a 2014 c63, anyone had this before.. Couldn't drive in anything but comfort ...

Yeah had it once before. Hadn't driven the car in a while.
Started it later on in the day and all was fine.... not happened since

Yeah have a look in my (one and only) thread. I had this.
Locked the car up for an hour - problem solved and it never happened again.
Odd.

Thanks guys, hopefully it'll clear up. Will keep an eye out the next couple days.
On a side note I have a couple other problems that I was going to get the car booked in for since I am under warranty.

Basically when breaking and the car downshifts from 3-2 in comfort mode, it is very very very VERY uncomfortable. It feels as if the break pedal is pushing back at my foot lol, hard to explain and the car jerks vigorously, this is at 10mph when breaking for a traffic light for example, not fast driving.

I've only had the car for a month and have hardly driven it, have had previous mercs before and have never driven a car that has had this problem.

Another problem is a squeaking noise coming next from the rear of the car, this would normally be attributed to brakes need replacing, but the noise is even when accelerating, seems like it makes it for every rotation. Could it be the wheel bearing..

Anyone experience these problems or have any insight as to what the problems maybe ?

Any advice is much appreciated.

Sounds like gearbox adaptations need resetting to learn your driving style.

As simple as that ? Is that somethings I can do myself or should I take it to the dealership. I have tried that hold the break for so many seconds with ignition on, it didn't fix the problem.
Is that what you are referring to ?

I had an annoying squeak from the rear end not that long ago.

Turned out the wheel nuts hadn't be tightened to the correct torque :thumb:

Drove the car today.. Same scenario.. It's not lit up

Very unusual.

Going to book it in and let them have a look at it.. Still no luck

I've had this happen once but the problem never returned - searching on here showed that it wasn't unheard of.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom