C63 mpg ‘Let’s Suppose’

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Barnowl1

Car
Honda
Let’s suppose I had a C63 and set out onto the Motorway….clear roads, good conditions. Mode set to Comfort, cruise control set at 70mph….what mpg could I expect ( roughly) on say an 80mile trip. ?
Thnx

6.2 probably around 25, maybe 26-28 if it's plain sailing. I've found the actual mpg to be around 1mpg less than the computer reading.

4l biturbo it's possible to get over 30mpg.

Sounds good, thnx.

On the flip side, the MB World C63s (W204) I had my AMG Experience in averaged 6mpg according to the Stig who drove me.

Let’s suppose I had a C63 and set out onto the Motorway….clear roads, good conditions. Mode set to Comfort, cruise control set at 70mph….what mpg could I expect ( roughly) on say an 80mile trip. ?
Thnx
On my W205 on long journeys at constant speed, I can average about 32mpg. Any 'mildly exuberant' overtakes will bring that down to around 28/29mpg.

Funnily enough I took kids to the zoo last week which was 72 miles each way around m25 and up. Reasonably steady run all below 70mph given cameras along the way.

Averaged 26.7mpg from a 6.2. First time I had done an 'economy run'

Just trying to convince myself that a C63 S, 510 bhp. isnt like running a Sherman Tank, however, maintenance costs aren’t really an issue….’afore warned is afore armed’ , as they say. I can live with an average of 20mpg….but if driving conservatively is dropping to 15 , well,…there’s is a limit
Anything you can add to reassure me of a C63.
I’m 95% there, just need a push. It wouldn’t be an everyday car, just Social, Domestic and Pleasure.….come on.. push me. !

Just trying to convince myself that a C63 S, 510 bhp. isnt like running a Sherman Tank, however, maintenance costs aren’t really an issue….’afore warned is afore armed’ , as they say. I can live with an average of 20mpg….but if driving conservatively is dropping to 15 , well,…there’s is a limit
Anything you can add to reassure me of a C63.
I’m 95% there, just need a push. It wouldn’t be an everyday car, just Social, Domestic and Pleasure.….come on.. push me. !
You’re still talking fuel ……

Is there a big difference twixt the 476ps and the 510ps? ( 34ps) on the road ?….is the 510: worth the extra ?

Right, so you've finally let on that you're looking at the 205 4 litre biturbo model, not the 6.2 original.

When driven hard the 4 uses just as much fuel as the 6.2, so think 10-15mpg pushing hard on a country road. Sat on a motorway at legal speeds the 4 is able to achieve mid 20s mpg without too much difficulty and driven very gently you get over 30mpg.

Quite frankly unless you're doing very big mileage, say 20kpa plus, then the actual difference in the cost of fuel between a C63 and something more ordinary is only a few grand. If you're interested in a C63 then it's usually safe to assume you don't want to drive a shoot me now I'm bored of life 2l diesel where you'd actually notice the fuel saving.

So this is me telling you to stop fannying about and buy one. You won't get another chance for much longer...

NB: I have the 6.2 and with a mix of cruising at just over speed limits, plus some use of the power, then on a long trip I get around 20-22mpg mpg. To get any higher is so ****ing boring it's not worth owning a C63.

The fuel usage between the non-S and S won't be noticeable, far more dictated by how you drive it. The difference you'll notice the most is the seats. If you like the buckets get the S, if you don't get the non-S.

Right, so you've finally let on that you're looking at the 205 4 litre biturbo model, not the 6.2 original.

When driven hard the 4 uses just as much fuel as the 6.2, so think 10-15mpg pushing hard on a country road. Sat on a motorway at legal speeds the 4 is able to achieve mid 20s mpg without too much difficulty and driven very gently you get over 30mpg.

Quite frankly unless you're doing very big mileage, say 20kpa plus, then the actual difference in the cost of fuel between a C63 and something more ordinary is only a few grand. If you're interested in a C63 then it's usually safe to assume you don't want to drive a shoot me now I'm bored of life 2l diesel where you'd actually notice the fuel saving.

So this is me telling you to stop fannying about and buy one. You won't get another chance for much longer...

NB: I have the 6.2 and with a mix of cruising at just over speed limits, plus some use of the power, then on a long trip I get around 20-22mpg mpg. To get any higher is so ****ing boring it's not worth owning a C63.

The fuel usage between the non-S and S won't be noticeable, far more dictated by how you drive it. The difference you'll notice the most is the seats. If you like the buckets get the S, if you don't get the non-S.

Thanks for the push Steve. I can live with the figures you quote, I’m not a high miles driver anyway….and you are quite right, they will be extinct soon. It’s now just S or none S, but I think it’ll have to be the S….in Black.

Is there a big difference twixt the 476ps and the 510ps? ( 34ps) on the road ?….is the 510: worth the extra ?
On the stopwatch, no and no. If you think it's worth it, though, and you can afford it, then no and yes.

I get about 26 mpg on a motorway run in my C63 4L, and a lot less on short journeys on country roads.I prefer to use the car for special journeys on fast sweeping roads.Its not worth getting one for the daily City commute as you will sit in traffic producing carbon for no reason or pleasure.

I have driven a C63 S which didn’t feel much quicker but had a few more buttons to play with.

Thanks for the push Steve. I can live with the figures you quote, I’m not a high miles driver anyway….and you are quite right, they will be extinct soon. It’s now just S or none S, but I think it’ll have to be the S….in Black.
Get the S - don’t p*ss about. The seats are super comfortable once you adjust them properly.

Difference on road to the regular 63 is negligible I suppose, but I’m one of those who buys the best I can afford at the time. If you have the money, you may as well get more bang for your buck…

3-B1-B0751-1958-4-C4-C-B4-A2-2-F09-DF064-B39.jpg

C63 biturbo, Horsham to Dartford. M23 was 50mph, average cameras, M25 was busy but steady. Boring drive, but good for economy

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom