C63 new owner mapping companies query

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mattmeyler19

So far I've seen eurocharged and MSL seem to be the favourites for remapping, anyone heard of Celtic tuning?

So far I've seen eurocharged and MSL seem to be the favourites for remapping, anyone heard of Celtic tuning?

Yes I've heard of them and believe they have a good reputation. DMS are another remapper of the 63 engine.

MSL, should you choose to use them will install a Eurocharged map, same as Eurocharged themselves.

I am split between the lakes and chorley, live near tesco. Where you from?

I've contacted msl ref remap and a few other things. Acid seems like a good guy.
The difference in price between celltic and the others seems to be considerable and just wondering what the difference is?

I've contacted msl ref remap and a few other things. Acid seems like a good guy.
The difference in price between celltic and the others seems to be considerable and just wondering what the difference is?

Piece of mind :thumb:

All I know of Celtic Tuning is that they do it at your premises. Nothing wrong with this as such, but I prefer mine done on a rolling road so I can see the gains and make fine adjustments, hence using a company like MSL or Eurocharged.

Having said that, my ECU is being mapped by Weistec at the moment due to me having their mods on the car, though it will be dyno'd at MSL

If the Celtic tuning map is a lot cheaper, it's probably a generic map, and not custom built software like the Eurocharged map. A lot of time has gone into perfecting the Eurocharged maps for both the 63 and 55k engines. Check out some of the threads on MBWorld.org and see how seriously the US guys take their tuning. Almost to a man they have Eurocharged maps.

I have used Celtic Tuning on my Audi A8 4.2TDi and like Dave said, they arrive at your premises with laptop, flash the software, and all done. Excellent customer service, I asked on the phone when ordering if they could tweak the map an extra 20bhp and they said no problem. Not sure if they did as you don't know what the figures are but you do notice the difference in pull and extra mpg :)
Using the Independents gives you a dyno run before and an after and if not satisfied....can adapt the map for your suitability

used to live in Chorley next to the bus station

Ok great, thanks for the info guys. Much appreciated.

maybe you can come to the Preston meet this sunday over 60 cars turn up even a guy with a white c63

Working this Sunday :( when's the next one?
every sunday at 8pm at the mcdonalds at the capital centre also there is a monthly one that is every 2nd to last sunday of the month that starts at 9am till 12noon the next one of that is the 18th at the phantom winger pub

I've used Ray West @ West Tuning, he's based at Thruxton race circuit.

Nice chap.

Normal rate is £600 for a custom remap, has a rolling road and takes a few hours to tweak the car. He doesn't do it through the ODB port either he does initial data logging etc takes the ECU out and programs it - keeps the same version and file from the factory so it doesn't look like a dodgy re-flash.

Nice chap too.

I have heard like other that Acid and MSL are good and come recommended, as well as any EC setup.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom