C63 not very smooth at low speeds/rpm

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Pilotprice

Car
2013 C63 AMG
Or sure if this is normal or not but the car seems to be very rough/fluctuating revs at low speeds or under 1500rpm? Almost like the box can't make it's mind up? It's a little annoying but if it's normal then it's ok I guess! Car is a 2013 c63 with 986 miles on.

Not sure, I've been using BP ultimate.

Also, twice today the car has crunched a very small amount with no drive when D is selected, I had to engage neutral then re select d to get going? I don't want to call dealer as I've forgot about the running in process a few times :/ don't want a void warranty!

Also, twice today the car has crunched a very small amount with no drive when D is selected, I had to engage neutral then re select d to get going? I don't want to call dealer as I've forgot about the running in process a few times :/ don't want a void warranty!

The ECU will have logged engine revs and other parameters if they were outside normal operating ranges so if the dealer looks they can find out how the car has been used but why not just book it in? You have an expensive car that is almost new and it is faulty:dk:

Because when I say I've forgot a few times. For the last 200 miles I've permanently forgot (I know I know)

So I'm thinking, make it past 1000 then take it in ha?

Because when I say I've forgot a few times. For the last 200 miles I've permanently forgot (I know I know)

So I'm thinking, make it past 1000 then take it in ha?

Why will taking the mileage past 1000 make any difference? if you have abused the car this will still be logged.

Not sure abused is the right word, ha.

Surly they don't log every mile unless it has a 20g hdd! It's not lived on the redline or anything!

Not sure abused is the right word, ha.

Surly they don't log every mile unless it has a 20g hdd! It's not lived on the redline or anything!

I did not say that every mile was logged just that there is the facility for the ECU to log unusual events. So if you are now saying it has not been abused what is the issue with taking a faulty car under warranty back to the dealer?:dk:

Because I don't want to end up in a situation where they say, ' oops mr price you have exceeded 4500rpm more than once, here is your car back!'

Because I don't want to end up in a situation where they say, ' oops mr price you have exceeded 4500rpm more than once, here is your car back!'

So why will passing the 1000 mile mark make any difference? If they decide to interrogate the ECU it is irrelevant what the mileage is when you take it in. Did you have specific running in instructions?

Not sure what else you expect, the car is clearly not behaving as it should.

Well the dealer didn't give me any instructions, but I read on here that you're not supposed to rev it past 4500 rpm until 1000miles. My girlfriend also noticed a semi transparent sticker on the windscreen!

Try it with different fuel. BP stuff is 97RON I think?

Well the dealer didn't give me any instructions, but I read on here that you're not supposed to rev it past 4500 rpm until 1000miles. My girlfriend also noticed a semi transparent sticker on the windscreen!

I knew about the 4500 revs but only bothered to read the sticker the other day..... No kickdown allowed either!

What a weird thread. Mr Price, your expensive new car is exhibiting an issue, take it back immediately for a diagnostic and stop pontificating about whether or not they will notice the logged revs. Don't even mention it. Just tell them what's happening and how to replicate it.

When I finished the one for the new tv we got at Christmas!

Owners manual? What the f**k, drive it like you stole it and if it brakes take it back and make them fix it.

Oh................and it sounds as if yours is broke, so take it back.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom