C63 on 18" semi slicks

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

BENINLUX

Car
C63 AMG - black with black wheels
Hi all,

Been away from the forum for a while. Have finally got some semi slicks on my C63. They're Pirellis, and on my "spare" set of 18" AMG style VI alloys.

I got them on the cheap from Prosport near the Nurburgring. Unfortunately I wasn't able to get 235s for the front, so am running 225/40s and 265/35s:doh:

IMG_07661.jpg

As I had a car full of wheels, I didn't head to the Nordschleife after getting the new boots fitted. My PB of 9.21.8 remains unbeaten, for now:D

Other than the run back from the 'ring last weekend I've not used them much. On that run, I didn't notice additional road noise. Since then I've done a bit of pottering about to and from work, creche, etc and the rear tyres do seem to have more grip. Not really pushed the front end to see how the smaller size/different tyre type affects things.

That's all for now. Will be back for a more complete update after Spa

Nice...Will be good to see how they cope round Goodwood mate. They do look the business I must admit!:thumb:

Smaller fronts? Mr Impatient eh? LOL

Hi Simon

Well, I did get the set for €1,000 fitted. The size of the fronts certainly wasn't my first choice, but at that price I thought it was still pretty decent value

Ben

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom