C63 options

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

BrianAMG

Car
C63
Hi,

I'm looking at buying a 2012ish C63 with LSD and PP+.

I though the option code for the PP+ cars was P31?

Two cars I've ran the VIN numbers of have both come back as P30.....this has just confused me, I thought P30 was the PP that was phased out in 2009...the one with the LSD included but not the 30bhp.

One has the "471 - MECHANICAL LOCKING DIFFERENTIAL" the other does not, despite them both being for sale with an LSD.

Thanks both, it does not explain why two separate 2012 cars i've looked at are showing as having P30 option.

I suspect MBUK never updated the code to P31, hence a number of garages are claiming their cars have LSD....when intact they don't, unless they have option 471 as well??

Edit - infact the link above does speak about UK PP+ cars being called P30....and not having LSD

problem solved you helpful people! hopefully i'll be on here posting pictures of a C63 i've bought soon!

Last edited:
When I was looking for mine ( pre facelift ) I looked loads of c63's that was advertised as having lsd and didn't. Some of the dealers I called couldn't give me a deffinate answer to what spec they was either. I think out of all the options on these cars the lsd is the most confusing and the old myth that all the older pp cars have LSD is rubbish as I found out. I'm sure the p30/p31 is the + bhp. And on the newer cars the lsd was an option weather PPP or not.

I have a 2012 C63 with PPP and I had to add the LSD as a separate option.

I have a 2012 C63 with PPP and I had to add the LSD as a separate option.

thanks, could you put your VIN number through here and see if it comes back with all of these?

471MECHANICAL LOCKING DIFFERENTIAL
923OUTPUT INCREASE OF ENGINES
P30AMG PERFORMANCE PACKAGE

I've run VIN numbers of 6 cars now...and only 1 has came back with the LSD or PP+ as stated in the advert (well I never bothered running the numbers of two as it was obviously just callipers painted red and claiming PP+)

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom