C63 Owners - Insurance what did you pay?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
good shout, I've got an autowatch ghost . while surprisingly it wasn't thatcham approved when I installed it, it works brilliantly. no code and the car doesnt switch on. it has a valet mode that allows it to be driven below a certain speed etc. fitted price should be gbp399 or less.

When I was contemplating sticking with Esure (before I picked the coupe to purchase) I asked to speak to a manager and they confirmed the autowatch ghost was valid instead of a tracker, which was a strict thing to be insured with them to have

When I was contemplating sticking with Esure (before I picked the coupe to purchase) I asked to speak to a manager and they confirmed the autowatch ghost was valid instead of a tracker, which was a strict thing to be insured with them to have
That's very useful to know for next year actually. I really appreciate that. the people I spoke to at churchill who I had 2 other cars with at the time just mentioned thatcham approved cat 6 minimum and I didn't think to suggest the ghost as an alternative. I ended up getting a cat 6 vodaphone cobra tracker before picking my car in Feb.

That’s not bad at all Phil, Will be interesting to know what Ian is paying for his 507 @Yex

Afternoon all :D

My insurance for the 507 was a bit of a rush as I had to secure the car immediately I drove it so I just went to my TVR broker who has looked after me for 9 years now. I paid slightly under £900 with myself and my wife on the policy, both over 50 with full NCD, secure garage in category "D" postcode area. I think my excess is £500 with the glass excess quite a bit lower. Interestingly the underwriter would have wanted a tracker on the car if the invoice value was £40,000 or above but luckily mine is £39,990, although I did have to send it through as proof :cool:

I'll certainly be picking the minds of the collective here in August when it is up for renewal as I'm certain I'll get it cheaper...................although some firms are cheap for a reason ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom