C63 Owners - Insurance what did you pay?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
“North West” is a big place.. I live in the North West and pay £800’s for three cars including a 63.

“North West” is a big place.. I live in the North West and pay £800’s for three cars including a 63.

It is a big place. However, As crime etc.. is concerned the risks are far greater. As suppose to someone living in Cambridgeshire or alike.

I’ve tried numerous post codes, including my old place and it is proven by the search results the price is immediately squashed in half.

Guessing will have to bite the bullet...

^ You should have stayed in Poole:D

I also live in the same postcode you mentioned and had a quote from LV for a W212 E63 Biturbo and was quoted £338 inc 9 yrs NCB with the wife on the policy. That is only £40 more than I'm paying currently for an E55.

It really is your postcode in the North West and the fact the C63 is considered one of the high risk cars for theft, something on the lines of the old Cosworth Sierras of the 80's.

down south, Surrey. c63s , GBP 900 incl legal cover, national breakdown cover and courtesy car plus . they also required the vehicle to include a thatcham approved tracker. direct from Churchill . other insurers didn't ask for the tracker and one or two were cheaper. I'll possibly switch in Feb

^ You should have stayed in Poole:D

I also live in the same postcode you mentioned and had a quote from LV for a W212 E63 Biturbo and was quoted £338 inc 9 yrs NCB with the wife on the policy. That is only £40 more than I'm paying currently for an E55.

It really is your postcode in the North West and the fact the C63 is considered one of the high risk cars for theft, something on the lines of the old Cosworth Sierras of the 80's.

;)
Would emigrate tonight. Lived in Poole for 12 yrs and let me tell you, It’s day & night....

down south, Surrey. c63s , GBP 900 incl legal cover, national breakdown cover and courtesy car plus . they also required the vehicle to include a thatcham approved tracker. direct from Churchill . other insurers didn't ask for the tracker and one or two were cheaper. I'll possibly switch in Feb

I am going to consider a tracker (ghost something) in the new year. Especially where I’m at where crime has risen significantly over the last few yrs. but then again it wasn’t much breathtaking hostile before..

I am going to consider a tracker (ghost something) in the new year. Especially where I’m at where crime has risen significantly over the last few yrs. but then again it wasn’t much breathtaking hostile before..
The Ghost device is an immobiliser not a tracker so you will need to look for something else.

2007 ML63 last year was added and amended to an existing LV policy, got my renewal through at about £2 more @ £776, full ncd, legal protection, protected ncd, matched hire car.

Just did a new quote for multicar with lv, that would cover my ML63 and my wife's A250 for a few quid less. Suffice to say I will be doing that.

Ghost as above is an immobiliser but with ghost they wouldn’t be able to take it, that’s £399 installed

Trackers (cat 6) are like £6/700+ just for the tracker, plus £300 odd for yearly subscription so that’s over a grand before insurance is factored in :(

My views on trackers/cars are if it’s pinched then I don’t want it back, I’d really like ghost but in the event of a home invasion and they take the keys, I certainly don’t want them crashing back through the door again asking for the code sequence for unlocking Ghost.

It may stall them for a few minutes but unless police are near the house, they’re not going to get there in time

When I was looking though, the Smartrak stuff looked pretty neat

2007 ML63 last year was added and amended to an existing LV policy, got my renewal through at about £2 more @ £776, full ncd, legal protection, protected ncd, matched hire car.

Just did a new quote for multicar with lv, that would cover my ML63 and my wife's A250 for a few quid less. Suffice to say I will be doing that.

That’s not bad at all. Where are you located?

Ghost as above is an immobiliser but with ghost they wouldn’t be able to take it, that’s £399 installed

Trackers cat 5 are like £6/700+ just for the tracker, plus £300 odd for yearly subscription so that’s over a grand before insurance is factored in :(

My views on trackers/cars are if it’s pinched then I don’t want it back, I’d really like ghost but in the event of a home invasion and they take the keys, I certainly don’t want them crashing back through the door again asking for the code sequence for unlocking Ghost.

It may stall them for a few minutes but unless police are near the house, they’re not going to get there in time

Thanks for the info Ash. Sounds interesting and definitely worth considering. I agree, I’d be the same if it was to get stolen.

With LV we pay just over £600 for the E350 (12,000 miles p.a. incl bus. use) & C63 (4,000 miles p.a.)
Both drivers over 50 with 8yrs NCB

Last edited:
The price that someone pays is based on many different facts such as where you live, is it garaged, your age, experience and sometimes even the colour of the car as silver can add to your premium.

Then once all the quotes come in then there is who to insure with.
Look at the reviews for some companies as you may be shocked at the issues people have when making a claim.
If you buy online then look very close at the small print and make sure they don’t do auto renewal.
One company I used only ever answered the phone after 30 minutes of waiting which was a pain when trying to decline the renewal quote.
On line is ok but walking into the broker is less stressful.
My broker has matched or beaten the safe online prices.
Cheap is not always the best when it comes to insurance.

Coupes are always rated higher than saloons as they indicate a person isn't a family man, won't carry passengers / kids etc and will drive a C63 ''differently" to a saloon driver (and thats coming from a family man with a coupe but also who purchases insurance for a living...)

Also your coupe driver may frequent places where cars are nicked and RS M's and proper AMG (of the non diesel kind ;)) are up there for both theft, use in crimes and just sheer joy riding.

This is all from the horses mouth when I had to define what could and could not be on the large company car list / fleet insurance (a few SQ Audi's still made it on and one has been nicked via tow truck this year and yes, from a hotel car park in the north east:wallbash:)

Out side your house with or without keys is till the scariest and most common though (but the pros don't need keys it seems and just watch nice and motorway hotels)

Tracker doesn't make a lot of difference as the pro puts it in a container, lined with mesh and carbon to create a faraday cage that fits two cars (and it's off East it goes), but a decent steering wheel lock and immobilizer (with window sticker) has made the difference in which cars disappear from hotel car parks

If you think your premium is high now, do not have your car nicked. You will just have to bend over then......:oops:

GoSkippy
£355 with £450 excess, 10+ years NCB

I’m getting similar, 9 yrs no claims, 32 yo, GoSlippy works out cheapest for me. I’m in the west of Scotland price was £330 pa £650 excess. The annual quote was only £40 more than I paid on my insurance for my CLS. Still looking for the right 2013/14 C63 though!

good shout, I've got an autowatch ghost . while surprisingly it wasn't thatcham approved when I installed it, it works brilliantly. no code and the car doesnt switch on. it has a valet mode that allows it to be driven below a certain speed etc. fitted price should be gbp399 or less.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom