C63 owners - leather help

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MarriedBlonde

Car
C63 AMG Coupe/ML350 Cdi Sport/69 vw Bus
Hi,

Can you let me know what the wear is like on your seats? My cars a year old now and has covered approx. 11500 miles. The drivers seat is showing serious signs of wear, this is on the back and base side bolsters.

It went in for a service Friday and they took pictures to send to Mercedes who have since come back and said it is acceptable wear and tear.

Just wanted to know if its just my car or it is common.

This is the first car that has worn so badly and so quickly. My previous merc had covered 3 times the mileage in 2 years and the seat was perfect.

Thanks,

J.

Mine is a 2010 (with only 18000 miles on)
there is hardly any where on the bolsters and nothing on the back.

Hi mate

My car is pretty much exactly the same age / mileage as yours.

Sorry for the 'bad' news but I havent got any signs of wear whatsoever :confused:

Mine is a 2010 (with only 18000 miles on)
there is hardly any where on the bolsters and nothing on the back.

There's no such thing as bolster wear on rocket ships. Thanks to zero gravity you probably rarely get in contact with seats. Well, maybe briefly during the take offs. ;)

One thing i try not to do is wear a Belt on my jeans (always get funny looks taking it off before i get in) as i did feel it rubbing on the back as you slide in (as you know they can be a bit tight the AMG seats)
I also dare say it depends on your size and weight.....if your at the gym squatting 300lbs for fun then there is a bit more weight to rub on the sides
Saying that i would like to think MB Leather lasts longer than 1 year!!!!!

Hey John

Seen alot of C63's where the drivers bolster has a crease in it ..ive put it down to how they get in & out of the car ( which cant be avoided of course ) or kneeling into the bolster when getting something out of the car ( see pic below).

Perhaps its all that Protein you've been taking pal :rolleyes:

Mine are also wearing on the bolsters and I wax mine once a quarter to remove any dye transfer and to look after them.

Not happy as I have only done 11500 miles.

My seats are porcelain / black.

One thing i try not to do is wear a Belt on my jeans (always get funny looks taking it off before i get in) as i did feel it rubbing on the back as you slide in (as you know they can be a bit tight the AMG seats)
I also dare say it depends on your size and weight.....if your at the gym squatting 300lbs for fun then there is a bit more weight to rub on the sides
Saying that i would like to think MB Leather lasts longer than 1 year!!!!!

300lbs is a warm up for squats :)

I am a little on the large side at 6'2" and 20 stone...

Hey John

Seen alot of C63's where the drivers bolster has a crease in it ..ive put it down to how they get in & out of the car ( which cant be avoided of course ) or kneeling into the bolster when getting something out of the car ( see pic below).

Perhaps its all that Protein you've been taking pal :rolleyes:

http://s800.photobucket.com/user/Ash_Espec/media/c63seat_zpsa0eb3f08.jpg.html
http://s800.photobucket.com/user/Ash_Espec/media/cr_zpsbc853adc.jpg.html

Its not the creasing I am objecting too, its the actuall shiny bit on the leather that is worn away and the side bolters (the painted bit). No one or thing goes in the back of mine so not an issue with kneeling on the seats :) And I am married so definately no other kind of kneeling going on ing the car. :crazy:

J.

Mine are also wearing on the bolsters and I wax mine once a quarter to remove any dye transfer and to look after them.

Not happy as I have only done 11500 miles.

My seats are porcelain / black.

Mine are porcelain single colour so I have to clean mine weekly becuase of die transfer from jeans. Even though 4 days a week I am wearing a suit for work but thats another issue. Had the pacha grey in my previous car any didn't get half as dirty...

Jeans with studs will cause havoc with heavily bolstered seats.

I'm just looking in on these posts and whilst leather does need to be looked after I'd be quoting 'not fit for purpose' to the MB dealers, especially on fairly new seats?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom