C63 Owners - What will you have next?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
They're rare as hens theet mate I still got my eye out there and if a decent one pops for realistic money I'll buy it.

Good man, knew you wouldn't let the side down.

Well I am gonna throw another curve ball . As you know i swapped my C63 for an RS4. Now then ....
Due to personal circumstances ,, i had to sell the RS4 and use the cash somewhere else , so I thought i would chuck myself in another car , but on the company . Tax laws being tax laws , i did my homework , and I have ended up with a BMW i8.
Gasp !!! I here you all !! MB AMG lovers !!
Gotta say ... what a flippin motor !!
Insults / sarcasm /digs / expected and welcomed .
Form a queue !!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well I am gonna throw another curve ball . As you know i swapped my C63 for an RS4. Now then ....
Due to personal circumstances ,, i had to sell the RS4 and use the cash somewhere else , so I thought i would chuck myself in another car , but on the company . Tax laws being tax laws , i did my homework , and I have ended up with a BMW i8.
Gasp !!! I here you all !! MB AMG lovers !!
Gotta say ... what a flippin motor !!
Insults / sarcasm /digs / expected and welcomed .
Form a queue !!

Nice car !

Nice car will be interested to hear your thoughts on performance and driving experience.

Performance : in the same bracket as my previous few cars . 0-60 times around low 4's , roll on power was prob best in the 507 to be fair , but the i8 does not hang about by any means . With the combined torque of electric up front and TT motor over the rear , its a weird feeling of power .,very linear but very strong too ., drives beautifully for normal road use . Switchable settings for everything as usual . Steering is effortless , although could be argued not a lot of feedback , but hey , this is a hybrid , and a brand new car by BMW ! Personally i don't think it would cut it on a track , but i don't really care . For a hybrid supercar , in its first generation , its amazing , especially the techi gizmos that its loaded with ., makes you wonder where this will be in another 5 years . Downsides : not many . Brakes are not as good as previous 2 cars , but they just need a slightly heavier foot , which you adjust to . Bit awkward to get in and out of but not a deal breaker . Wheels / tyres a little narrow if you are being picky , but there are aftermarket ones available if thats your thing .
The interior is typical beemer , minimal but functional . Space age but comfy at the same time .
Overall very impressed , especially with the minimal running costs through a business . 7% bik , zero rfl , and i am getting 58mpg !!

Performance : in the same bracket as my previous few cars . 0-60 times around low 4's , roll on power was prob best in the 507 to be fair , but the i8 does not hang about by any means . With the combined torque of electric up front and TT motor over the rear , its a weird feeling of power .,very linear but very strong too ., drives beautifully for normal road use . Switchable settings for everything as usual . Steering is effortless , although could be argued not a lot of feedback , but hey , this is a hybrid , and a brand new car by BMW ! Personally i don't think it would cut it on a track , but i don't really care . For a hybrid supercar , in its first generation , its amazing , especially the techi gizmos that its loaded with ., makes you wonder where this will be in another 5 years . Downsides : not many . Brakes are not as good as previous 2 cars , but they just need a slightly heavier foot , which you adjust to . Bit awkward to get in and out of but not a deal breaker . Wheels / tyres a little narrow if you are being picky , but there are aftermarket ones available if thats your thing .
The interior is typical beemer , minimal but functional . Space age but comfy at the same time .
Overall very impressed , especially with the minimal running costs through a business . 7% bik , zero rfl , and i am getting 58mpg !!

Steve I nearly fell asleep!lol

You asked ??!! [emoji851]

It was a kind of `forced` decision Gaz. I now have plenty of cash in the bank , from the sale of the Audi, and my company has provided me with this ! Win Win !!
I know its not a true `petrol head`s` Car, but my god....... it`s bloody good !

So, anybody changed recently ? What to ? And why ?
( just re-igniting an old thread ......)

I am searching for an SL55 after a C63PP. I have moved to London so only need something for the weekends and the odd jump around to europe.

Having been a massive sceptic of these I was intrigued when a friend borrowed one from BMW for a few days a couple of weeks ago. I have to say.....WOW. What a car. Very expensive but he ragged this car around for 3 days and it returned 35mpg!! More than fast enough for ANY road and a proper headturner.

I too am really interested to see where the technology goes with this over the next couple of years.

As nice as it looks and as good as the running costs are, its a 100k car with a 1.5 3 cylinder.

**** that right off.

Am currently considering my options..... not in a hurry to sell my C63 but feel a change coming on. Test drove a Golf R, Golf GTI Clubsport 40 and a Cayman last week. both Golfs were impressive for what they are.... Cayman felt a little underpowered at the top end (981 2.5).
Got back in the C63 and everything was good again
Incidentally, got the missus a Mini Cooper S last weekend. What a hoot that is to drive.... I loved it!!!!

Got to be the new E63 that arrives next year....

4wd, 600+hp, drift mode and slightly bigger than the C63 plus when cruising it knocks some of the cylinders off for better mpg. What more do you want???

https://youtu.be/CukBonJhzTQ

Got to be the new E63 that arrives next year....

4wd, 600+hp, drift mode and slightly bigger than the C63 plus when cruising it knocks some of the cylinders off for better mpg. What more do you want???

https://youtu.be/CukBonJhzTQ

Absolutely. Spending £80-90K to gain a few mpg is every AMG owner's dream.

Well what I don't want is 4WD, a massive heavy old bus and a depreciation roller coaster!

My friend if you looking for something boring and with lack of power or soul you can find it in your local bmw or audi dealer , yes amg is a heavy old bus but full of character and a pleasure to have.
Who cares about depreciation?

My friend if you looking for something boring and with lack of power or soul you can find it in your local bmw or audi dealer , yes amg is a heavy old bus but full of character and a pleasure to have.
Who cares about depreciation?

Looking at WhiteBlack's cars - CLK63 Black Series and GTR - he/she is probably used to very little depreciation, and depending upon the purchase date may even expect appreciation. That could make the heavier depreciation of a brand new mainstream AMG much more difficult to swallow.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom