C63 Owners - What will you have next?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
holy thread revival indeed!

I just stumbled across this thread which I started two years ago when I purchased my C63 while browsing the AMG boards ( I still lurk here!). I Sold my C63 this summer after two fantastic years with it. I was racking up so many miles with a new job that I couldn't justify running the C63 and an old 530d - the 530d was serving its purpose brilliantly but I spent so much money keeping it road worthy that the exercise was a bit pointless. I also just fancied a change and I increased my budget (some what substantially!) to find the perfect performance diesel. yes I said that lol. Nothing ticked my box until I found my new car:

In short, and in my opinion, its a better car than the C63 and 530d combined in pretty much every single aspect (apart from the noise!). Bit of an unfair comparison but as a general next car comparison, The Panamera really is incredible and is fast enough to upset a local C63 507 (Neath, South Wales if your on here!) but also frugal enough to do 15kmiles+ a year. This car also has 25k of extras, its marvellous.

Some Headline Figures:
4.0 V8 Diesel
420Bhp, 630lb ft of torque
0-60 4.3 seconds
Four wheel Drive
38mpg so far over 3500 miles of very mixed driving
all for a 2 tonne, 5 meter long, 2 meter wide car!

Any other updates from owners who have changed / looking to change?

Very nice car and love the interior BUT did you have to get the blinking diesel?!

You'll save something like £2kpa on 15k miles. If you can afford that car then you can afford the petrol bill instead of diesel. It's like moving house to have cheap energy bills and ignoring the fact it cost a ton of money to move. I don't get it.

You obviously never been in one then . Seats adjust to anyone up to about 6'2" . If you are taller than that then you are probably heavy too , so get a Range Rover .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’m 6’4 and got a C63 507 instead of a Range Rover.
I am heavy too ....[emoji3][emoji3]

In short, and in my opinion, its a better car than the C63 and 530d combined in pretty much every single aspect (apart from the noise!). Bit of an unfair comparison but as a general next car comparison, The Panamera really is incredible and is fast enough to upset a local C63 507 (Neath, South Wales if your on here!) but also frugal enough to do 15kmiles+ a year. This car also has 25k of extras, its marvellous.

Some Headline Figures:
4.0 V8 Diesel
0-60 4.3 seconds
Four wheel Drive

It’s a 2 tonne 400bhp whale. Yes it’s better on the fuel than the C63. This is the only area where it “excels”. False economy of getting a “cheaper” runner that actually costs more to buy. Next...

Jesus Christ guys. 99% of you buy a performance 6.2L motor and sigh with relief when you sell it because you can’t afford the petrol or service bills. Why can’t you just say “I bought a xxxx, yes it’s not faster but it’s the right car for my situation right now.” We’d all agree, wish you a happy motoring and let you out at a junction (maybe).

Instead it’s almost always some sort of nonsensical superiority sh!te, usually purely based on mpg figures.

/rant

It’s a 2 tonne 400bhp whale. Yes it’s better on the fuel than the C63. This is the only area where it “excels”. False economy of getting a “cheaper” runner that actually costs more to buy. Next...

Jesus Christ guys. 99% of you buy a performance 6.2L motor and sigh with relief when you sell it because you can’t afford the petrol or service bills. Why can’t you just say “I bought a xxxx, yes it’s not faster but it’s the right car for my situation right now.” We’d all agree, wish you a happy motoring and let you out at a junction (maybe).

Instead it’s almost always some sort of nonsensical superiority sh!te, usually purely based on mpg figures.

/rant

Sure is a whale. But a very fast one - Faster than the C63 off the mark, in a straight line, and around any corner - so I'm unsure why your saying otherwise lol.

While I agree to a point, you have jumped the gun a tad..

I have a fuel card with work now.. Which means Diesel only and Euro 5 or 6 engined. The Porsche has a 3 year warranty, the c63 didn't. The Porsche does generally 40mpg sat at 70/80 most days, the c63 couldn't do half that. The Porsche is £400 cheaper to insure, £250 cheaper to tax, and far cheaper to service (every 2 years or 20k @ £400). And to be fair I did mention 15k miles PA, but the nature of my job means that could be as much as 25k depending on where my next sites are over the next 12 months.

I'm pretty sure I can afford the petrol on a C63 lol, that wasn't the reason why I moved on. Given the mileage I do, it is not fun changing tyres every 7k and it certainly isn't fun topping up with fuel every 3 days, on a car with no warranty and pretty dated interior tech compared to the Panamera which is a complete lightyear ahead. I fill up this car roughly every 8/9 days, 650 miles between fill ups give or take.

It is a better car than the C63 in every way other than noise and that masterpiece of an engine, yes. Have you driven this exact model Panamera to comment that it doesn't excel in other areas? I've driven both so I feel I'm quite capable of commenting on it.

i havent sighed with relief of selling my c63, quite the opposite actually. I have quite openly said the C63 is still one of the best cars i'll ever own!

Sure is a whale. But a very fast one - Faster than the C63 off the mark, in a straight line, and around any corner - so I'm unsure why your saying otherwise lol.

While I agree to a point, you have jumped the gun a tad..

I have a fuel card with work now.. Which means Diesel only and Euro 5 or 6 engined. The Porsche has a 3 year warranty, the c63 didn't. The Porsche does generally 40mpg sat at 70/80 most days, the c63 couldn't do half that. The Porsche is £400 cheaper to insure, £250 cheaper to tax, and far cheaper to service (every 2 years or 20k @ £400). And to be fair I did mention 15k miles PA, but the nature of my job means that could be as much as 25k depending on where my next sites are over the next 12 months.

I'm pretty sure I can afford the petrol on a C63 lol, that wasn't the reason why I moved on. Given the mileage I do, it is not fun changing tyres every 7k and it certainly isn't fun topping up with fuel every 3 days, on a car with no warranty and pretty dated interior tech compared to the Panamera which is a complete lightyear ahead. I fill up this car roughly every 8/9 days, 650 miles between fill ups give or take.

It is a better car than the C63 in every way other than noise and that masterpiece of an engine, yes. Have you driven this exact model Panamera to comment that it doesn't excel in other areas? I've driven both so I feel I'm quite capable of commenting on it.

i havent sighed with relief of selling my c63, quite the opposite actually. I have quite openly said the C63 is still one of the best cars i'll ever own!

Dude, fast is a relative term. As for the rest, as I said before it's all heavily mpg based and commute related. Nothing new.

And no, I didn't drive the Panamera. I do know that a C63 will leave it behind in a drag race. Heck, even my old 2003 sub 2 tonne E55 will do.

Oh dear, all that money on a diesel and not doing many miles either!

The depreciation is going to hurt!

And yes I have driven the current Panamera, a 4S as I have no interest in the diesel. It was OK.

Ding ding time out!
Ok this “my dads bigger than your dad” crap is getting us no where.
So someone buys a Porsche and we all start having digs about it.
The two brands are so different it is not good practice to try and compare.
I like both but prefer Mercedes, I have owned 911’s but it is a whole different experience from a running aspect.
My friend has a Panamera 4S as above it is nice but it is not for me.

Now these C63’s where were we..........................................

holy thread revival indeed!

I just stumbled across this thread which I started two years ago when I purchased my C63 while browsing the AMG boards ( I still lurk here!). I Sold my C63 this summer after two fantastic years with it. I was racking up so many miles with a new job that I couldn't justify running the C63 and an old 530d - the 530d was serving its purpose brilliantly but I spent so much money keeping it road worthy that the exercise was a bit pointless. I also just fancied a change and I increased my budget (some what substantially!) to find the perfect performance diesel. yes I said that lol. Nothing ticked my box until I found my new car:

Some Headline Figures:
4.0 V8 Diesel
0-60 4.3 seconds
Four wheel Drive

Great choice of car. I totally get why you’d have this car and I drive a 900bhp+ AMG! It looks great and even though it’s a diesel they go very well indeed.

Enjoy.

Jules.

Interesting choice, i have the C63 and my brother-in-law has the panemera turbo s ehybrid (or something like that). Agree that the interior is much more advanced in the porsche, and mpg is better, but in my opinion the porsche is a bit of a tamer animal, in that i liked the drive, it was fast and felt fast (should do with over 500bhp), but i felt as though it was a bit sanitized. When i jump in the C63 i'm always a little bit scared, as it sounds brutal and the acceleration is just crazy, but you have to respect it, otherwise you could end up the wrong way in a ditch, lol! maybe that's just the difference in the ESP/TC tech and the fact one is RWD and the other AWD? I honestly have been racking my brains trying to decide what i would replace the C63 with, still cannot decide! Might just have to keep it forever, keep the mileage low and keep replacing the daily runner!

I'm not one for diesels normally but I must admit I do love the Panamera 4S especially in that colour spec! You're reasons seem valid enough for me, 15-25k PA isn't a huge amount but if the fuel card is only available in the diesel why not take advantage and use it.

Of course, if you have come from a BMW and a C63 to a Porsche, the additional money in fuel can't be too much of a deal breaker for you. I love my C63 and to be honest even with 10-12k PA I don't really notice the fuel bill being too excessive. Maybe that's the perks of never owning a diesel? It could be the reckoning for me if I get one and later want another big engined petrol.

Dan

i reckon after racking up only 6k miles on the C63 wagon and around £2k in fuel bills, i'll be sticking with this car permanently provided it doesnt cause me reliability issues. If i were to replace it, it would be with another wagon...that leaves Just the E63s wagon but I prefer the smaller footprint of the C and the fact that it is such an animal. Doesnt have the speed and poewr of the E, but it is much cheaper!

With all the emissions legislation etc, i have a bad feeling most next gen models will no longer feature a V8 and i'd take a slow, wild V8 over a newer, sharper, hybridy duracelly battery powered next gen car.

My Girlfriend and children tell me it’s got to be a Q7 next. The Girlfriend likes the C63, she says it’s a pulling magnet when she drives it , nearly every traffic queue or petrol station she gets comments from Men about the car.
My children don’t like the noise or the attention though!

My Girlfriend and children tell me it’s got to be a Q7 next. The Girlfriend likes the C63, she says it’s a pulling magnet when she drives it , nearly every traffic queue or petrol station she gets comments from Men about the car.
My children don’t like the noise or the attention though!
I'm with Millc63 , put it on Ebay today if possible !

c63 to cls63, no looking back, S63 next

With the way the weather is going at the moment maybe look at a Sunseeker...

Love the Porsche Rox10 and makes complete sense to me :thumb:

I'm now almost a year in my C63 wagon and absolutely loving it. However, having come from a 04 plate E55 the one thing I miss is some comfort around town, basically the roads here are sh1te :mad: Agreed, I think the noise & sheer excitement that the C63 provides is going to be difficult to beat.

Audi's aren't for me.

I love the new Alfa but will sit on the fence to see if it has any issues a few years on. So I've been thinking perhaps a shift into a 12 plate E63 - has anyone made that switch and then regretted it? :dk:

Such a tough decision. I'm coming to the end of my 2 year AMG warranty so I'm thinking "what next" but I love the car and it has been bullet proof for me. Only done 27k miles so it is pretty "new" too (Dec 2013 reg) so I could keep it for another 2 years... but life is short and I like to change cars and experience different drives. I've always found a change easy until now. Replacing this car with something better or as good will be really tough.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom