C63 Owners with IPE or similar headers and MOT time.....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I don't suppose you have the HC figures at hand?....

Just rechecked through emails to Eurocharged at the time of the MOT failure. The 1st HC reading was 19 ppm, the 2nd reading was 238 ppm. The MOT tester said the figures were all over the place during the tests.

Sorry, I don't, why, do you have a similar problem? Mine was sorted out by refitting the standard exhaust - with cats.

Trying to work out just how much HC a cat cleans up.

Just rechecked through emails to Eurocharged at the time of the MOT failure. The 1st HC reading was 19 ppm, the 2nd reading was 238 ppm. The MOT tester said the figures were all over the place during the tests.

Cheers. From 238 ppm to lower than 200 (with cat(s) for MOT.
At 238 ppm, the cat isn't having that much to do.

Paul how did you get on with this in the end? Did you get a full refund and return the pipe? I spoke to EC Watford the other week about a primary decat and theye had a customers car coming in that theye was removing the exhaust system and it would be up for sale. Wondered if it was yours?

Felstmiester said:
Paul how did you get on with this in the end? Did you get a full refund and return the pipe? I spoke to EC Watford the other week about a primary decat and theye had a customers car coming in that theye was removing the exhaust system and it would be up for sale. Wondered if it was yours?

It could be mine, it should be with Eurocharged by Tuesday apparently. I've not had a refund yet but something should be coming my way.

It could be mine, it should be with Eurocharged by Tuesday apparently. I've not had a refund yet but something should be coming my way.

you completely removed and went back to factory? I would have thought you'd be better off just getting the correct part sent over/swapped?

Has anyone else had any issues, my C63 went in for its MOT today at MB as I have the service care pack and to be fair it failed miserably on noise emitted, emissions and removal of cats (secondary)

I have an IPE manifold with the sports cats present then mated to the remainder of the standard C63 exhaust system so it still has the centre silencers and rear boxes. It sounds glorious there is no other word for it but I will be the first to admit it is "Loud" which is why in the future I was considering getting the rest of IPE system but driving it daily it really is not that loud or intrusive in the car.

The most irritating bit is not so much the noise part nor the lack of secondary cats it is failing on the emissions anyone else had similar issues???

CO at Idle was 0.55 (Max limit it 0.30)

CO at fast idle was 0.23 (Max limit is 0.20)
second fast ide was 0.20 (Max limit is 0.20) so passed on that bit...

I drive at least 20 miles a day in mine on fast A roads/in town driving it will be due its first spark plug change at the next service in July and she had done about 37k FMBSH.

The other very funny part is I have hard wired a dash cam into my car which records sound very clearly so got to listen to some interesting comments from the Oiks that work at MB and why you should never trust your car with a manufacturer servicing/working on them. There was a funny part when the receptionist who said and I quote "It made me cream....." when the guy in the drivers seat revved my car. That's fine love just not on the nappa leather if you please my Mrs would get suspicious I'm up to no good :thumb:

Anyway according to one of the techs "The owner must be a **** for spending all that money on getting the work done as it will never get through an MOT......." Actually the owner has spent not a great deal as it was like it when I purchased it, however I appreciate your comments which is why this video will be landing in your bosses inbox along with MB UK....

It makes me wonder in 2016 that people have not cottoned onto the fact most people have dash cams and also the fact mine chimes rather loudly when you turn the ignition on so its bloody obvious you are being recorded.

I thought I was past the age of having to take cars to "friendly" MOT stations looks like I best drop it in to see a friend....

Mine the same and I have sports cats .

you completely removed and went back to factory? I would have thought you'd be better off just getting the correct part sent over/swapped?

Yep, back to standard. I ordered a 200 cell cat system. I got a cat-less system, which wasn't apparent to me till MOT time.

When it failed the MOT, I was offshore, the quickest way to fix it was to remove the exhaust and fit the standard.

As I got what I hadn't ordered, it's going back for a reasonable refund.

Yep, back to standard. I ordered a 200 cell cat system. I got a cat-less system, which wasn't apparent to me till MOT time.

When it failed the MOT, I was offshore, the quickest way to fix it was to remove the exhaust and fit the standard.

As I got what I hadn't ordered, it's going back for a reasonable refund.

I have ipe manifolds 200 cell cats and still have rear resonator and oem back boxes and it still fails a standard mot.
Sounds gorgeous though! Lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom