C63 potential purchase

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Tidgy

Car
2006 STI Limited
Hi folks, though't i'd sign up and say hello and see if i could get some advice from folks in the know :).

I'm currently looking at potentially changing car and a few have caught my eye, one of which is the C63 AMG. My budget is around 18-20k which seems to put me in the range of 2008-2012 years, 40k miles and up and a decent enough budget to find a good one.

I driven subaru's for about 15 years in various states of tune and had work done ranging from servicing, right up to the current closed deck forged engine rebuild it currently. Previous scoobs I've had everything from brakes, suspension upgrades to full gearbox rebuilds. So I'm used to pish poor MPG (current car does about 45L of vpower to 180 miles) and stuff braking if you start tuning it.

I've heard about the headstud issues on certain cars (i believe up to 2011 and engine codes up to around 60,000 in production number, would confirm exactly if i found a car i was interested). I spoke to MB nottingham and they said its about £1200 to get those sorted. Anyone got any feedback on MB nottingham? good or bad.

I previously had an E46 M3 so am aware that dealers load the prices being and AMG. I did get some prices for maintenance work, again from MB nottingham, and im not overly concerned about running costs and they arn't that much more, if anything more than the subaru.

Are there any other issues i should be aware of? weak points on them? etc etc

Any info is much appreciated

Had the condenser for air con replaced under warranty but nothing else.

You may get more response posting in the AMG lounge on here with this thread :)

Natacha

Prefacelift Head bolt problem IIRC went upto engine number ending 60658

Facelifts aren’t without problems though, with cam adjusters and things. I’ve seen some horror stories, probably more so than the headbolt problem

C63 is a great car & a second hand bargain compared to the ''new'' cost. Running cost now we are down to just one car has rulled one out now tho.

Prefacelift Head bolt problem IIRC went upto engine number ending 60658

Facelifts aren’t without problems though, with cam adjusters and things. I’ve seen some horror stories, probably more so than the headbolt problem

ah right, so would you say earlier one with headstuds done is prob more reliable?

Tidgy, join the C63 AMG UK Facebook Group. There are generally a few for sale on there that have been looked after and worth a look.

Tidgy, join the C63 AMG UK Facebook Group. There are generally a few for sale on there that have been looked after and worth a look.

shall do thanks for the heads up

shall do thanks for the heads up

One with warranty (preferably a Mercedes warranty than a third party) would command a higher price than a private purchase

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom