C63 PPP 2012 - how much?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I think I'm spotting a trend here! I have in fact heeded the general advice and I will be keeping the C63 for the foreseeable future. I might possibly consider the 992 GTS if funds allow, but even then it would be such a massive financial outlay to upgrade.

The 992 in most if not all variants does look amazing.

I wonder on a general level how much value for money they are (and other cars in a similar league) considering the eye-watering running costs.

People have different reasons for buying such cars but as a genuine petrolhead, I feel it crosses a threshold for me and would be incredibly difficult to get long term enjoyment out of it.

I'm saying that from a perspective where I could actually afford one too!

Hi John, yes you're absolutely correct and it's a very deep rabbit hole to go down when considering what you want from a car! It's not a logical thought process at all, no one *needs* a 6.2 litre V8, many hundreds of horsepower, 0-60 in a few seconds etc :)
Changing to a 911 would lose the incredible V8 sound, the Q car looks, the excellent practicality etc. But would gain peerless handling, the latest tech, perhaps even open up opportunities for the odd track day. Also for me, there is a nostalgia element, when I was a young boy my dad came home with keys to a metallic gold (!) Porsche 944 and I thought it was the best thing in the world.

Is moving to a 992 worth a £75k cost to change? Head says no way, but heart says....?
The other thing I'm considering is that I believe we are now in the final stages of cars with pure ICE engines, and we're already seeing increased rules/regulations which impact on the enjoyment of driving: GPF filters ruining sound, mandatory speed limiters being fitted to all cars in 2 years time, ever increasing numbers of average speed cameras etc. The next couple of years may be the "last chance" to get a fun car before we're all forced to get hybrid/EV etc. Anyway, sorry for the long rant :)

I'm all for want instead of need when it comes to cars mind!

I'm saying that from a perspective where I could actually afford one too!

F knows how I ended up typing that - must have been sleep-typing!

Should have been "I'm saying that from a perspective where I couldn't actually afford one but supposing I had enough to afford one..."

Hi OP, sorry to bump this post but I was wondering if you were still considering selling your C63?

I am in the market for a saloon currently and yours ticks all of the boxes for me :)

cheers Sam

Hi Sam,

I'm not in any desperate rush to sell the car as I still love it, but feel free to PM me if you would like to discuss further. I can't seem to PM you for some reason.

I think I am too “new” to use the PM function (despite this account being so old ! ). I had forgotten I even had it when I came here to sign up a few days ago :)

Feel free to ping me you email address to me at 07806558566, I would love to get some more details.

Thanks

Hi Sam,

I'm not in any desperate rush to sell the car as I still love it, but feel free to PM me if you would like to discuss further. I can't seem to PM you for some reason.

PMs require 30 posts before the function can be enabled.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom