C63 PPP 2012 - how much?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
A one owner tidy decent spec PPP C63 will be sought after, advertise it for £30k and see how you get on, EBay is only £20 for a 28 day classified advert, Pistonheads and AutoTrader are also good options.

Don’t sell to trade they will want to rob you.

I have been looking for a while and whilst it puts your car out of my budget I would put it up for £28k to £30k and see what response you get, the lsd in particular does make it unique and the fact that you have had it since new, which I would view quite favourably.

Thanks for all the helpful replies, I'll try not to "get the huff" and never be seen again :). It's been a while since I sold a car so it's good to hear the options. I'm honestly in two minds about selling, I absolutely love the car and I'm not sure the the cost to "upgrade" to say the latest C63 etc is worth the many 10's of thousands.

Thanks for all the helpful replies, I'll try not to "get the huff" and never be seen again :). It's been a while since I sold a car so it's good to hear the options. I'm honestly in two minds about selling, I absolutely love the car and I'm not sure the the cost to "upgrade" to say the latest C63 etc is worth the many 10's of thousands.
I'd be keeping it- you'll probably regret selling! Meself I'm miles too old for one of those, so don't look at prices, but was surprised how cheap (a relative term obviously) a really nice example is.

The latest c63 is a huge step in the wrong direction ( Test drive one ) if you still love the car keep it.

The latest c63 is a huge step in the wrong direction ( Test drive one ) if you still love the car keep it.

I do hear this a lot about the W205, in fact I test drove a 2018 C63 (Non S) with the optional sports exhaust. I did like the exhaust rumble at low revs, and the torque from the turbos was good. But yes, I'm not sure I could love that car if you know what I mean.

Everything now will be moving quickly towards hybrid/EV or downsizing - the next C63 will be a 6 cylinder I believe! AMG is dead to me unless it has a V8. There is something decadent about having 6.2 written on the side of your car :D

Wow, Oldguy57 must be really old ! Just got my first AMG at 72!

In your shoes I’d be inclined to keep the car, you bought it brand new and it’ll never be an investment but it obviously means a lot to you and if if you were lucky enough for someone to turn up with £30k you’d still probably regret it...

I do hear this a lot about the W205, in fact I test drove a 2018 C63 (Non S) with the optional sports exhaust. I did like the exhaust rumble at low revs, and the torque from the turbos was good. But yes, I'm not sure I could love that car if you know what I mean.
The most common complaint aimed at the W205 C63 is that it’s packaged too well compared to the W204; with the 1st C63 they shoehorned that great big 6.2 V8 into a small executive car and said to customers “go and have fun” - the W205 is more of an all round package and that seems to have put off the previous models owners.

Both great cars though without a doubt in my opinion, my personal preference is the W205 simply because it’s a bit more Q-Car and better looking too.

On the topic, just like it has been mentioned above, try to stay away from dealers and sell privately, yes the "hassle" but it will make you 4-5k more than what a delaer will offer.

Offtopic kind of:

I'm looking to swap out my CLS for something smaller and better handling and since you are the current owner of the w204 63, would you consider c63 a good weekend car? CLS was a perfect daily, however when i started work in city and was "hungry" for a good drive I started feeling how heavy and sluggish it is even when everything is set into sport and since I don't see value in spending around £6k to make CLS behave how i want it to behave, I'm looking for all around package from the factory - something fun, loud and reliable (byebye bmw). Reliable to a certain extent ofcourse.
Do m156 problems persist in facelifts of w204? If you have experienced any problems with the engine do you mind dropping me a pm with prices etc, so i can draw a better picture about the ownership of an AMG. Cls is a non AMG m278 engine fitted (much like m157), it's a great all around package however driving it hard a lot of flaws starting coming out IAT/car's weight and airmatic suspension etc
Would Love to hear some input

On the topic, just like it has been mentioned above, try to stay away from dealers and sell privately, yes the "hassle" but it will make you 4-5k more than what a delaer will offer.

Offtopic kind of:

I'm looking to swap out my CLS for something smaller and better handling and since you are the current owner of the w204 63, would you consider c63 a good weekend car? CLS was a perfect daily, however when i started work in city and was "hungry" for a good drive I started feeling how heavy and sluggish it is even when everything is set into sport and since I don't see value in spending around £6k to make CLS behave how i want it to behave, I'm looking for all around package from the factory - something fun, loud and reliable (byebye bmw). Reliable to a certain extent ofcourse.
Do m156 problems persist in facelifts of w204? If you have experienced any problems with the engine do you mind dropping me a pm with prices etc, so i can draw a better picture about the ownership of an AMG. Cls is a non AMG m278 engine fitted (much like m157), it's a great all around package however driving it hard a lot of flaws starting coming out IAT/car's weight and airmatic suspension etc
Would Love to hear some input

My C63 has always been a weekend car for me (hence the relatively low miles) although it does the daily stuff like school runs as well as any C class (i.e. great). It's one of those cars that even after 7 years makes me go for a drive just for the sake of it. To be honest, whether you're pootling around town or blowing out the cobwebs on a twisty A/B road it always puts a smile on your face.

Regarding reliability, in my experience they are pretty bullet proof especially in facelift form with the revised headbolts. You mention fun, loud, reliable - it ticks all those boxes!

I'd be keeping it- you'll probably regret selling! Meself I'm miles too old for one of those, so don't look at prices, but was surprised how cheap (a relative term obviously) a really nice example is.

Your never to old mate, my dad sold he E39 M5 when he was 70 and drove it for 6 years.

Both great cars though without a doubt in my opinion, my personal preference is the W205 simply because it’s a bit more Q-Car and better looking too.

Have to disagree with you there, the W204 looks waaaaaaay better than the W205, hence why i own one :D

It's one of those cars that even after 7 years makes me go for a drive just for the sake of it. To be honest, whether you're pootling around town or blowing out the cobwebs on a twisty A/B road it always puts a smile on your face.

Sounds like "keep it" territory to me.

I was sick to the back teeth of my E55K after 5.5 years if I am honest and couldn't wait to get shot of it.

If a car still makes you want to go for a random drive after 7 years, I think you will regret selling it.

The answer to your questions by now should be very apparent - Keep It, you know you'll always regret selling it within a few weeks.

I'm now on my second W204 C63, having first purchased a 2012 face lift which I had for 18 months, before deciding to sell. Within days and having test driven an M3 (V8 Competition Pack), an Audi RS4 and a BMW M5, I realized I'd made a huge mistake.

Luckily i saw sense and managed to find my current W204 C63 up for sale at Birmingham Mercedes Dealership, with under 12k on the clock, one previous owner and in my favorite colour (Diamond White), which had been garaged all it's life. Now after owning her for two and a half years, it's going to be one of those cars that will go to the grave with me.

Here's a pic of my first C63 that I sold and regretted :

And below is my current C63, still with just 16k on the clock and used purely for enjoyment......LOL (Pic was taken on the day I collected her).

Three pictures with a 6 months time gap which should help you make a decision ;)

8-EC849-E6-78-E5-464-A-BD77-D015-D24-FCEF5.jpg

43097-D5-B-A6-D2-43-AD-9-D46-B1-CB7-F0-EBBA4.jpg

D6-D514-F5-8198-4367-8-F7-B-B64708269987.jpg

Apologies for the second one , we all make mistakes :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom