C63 PPP brake disc life....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
A chap who tracked his c63 sold it with 60k miles on the original discs and they were still fine.

60k?! I would be chuffed if i could get 30k out of them.

I've just passed 30k with loads of meat left. I was thinking about getting a set of those discs for when the time comes, be a couple years yet so left it. In saying that, I did buy about 3yrs worth of oil incase that deal stops!

Thats impressive :thumb:

Yeah, 60k on first set of fronts is fairly unbelievable. As most have said, 20-30k out of a set is about expected. Miss Daisy might see 40k or so.

Ok

And he tracked it?

All these people who have to change discs after one or two track days must be doing something wrong.

Quoted by Jackwood:

"On mine at 55k miles in 2.5 years now. Mine has only been on track once for a couple of laps. Wouldn't really recommend it as a track car at all. It really kills the tyres (Conti 5P's) and brakes.
Havin said that, I'm still on my original set of brake disks and pads. At 55k miles!! That is bloody impressive. "

I used to absolutely batter my brakes on track days to such an extent the plastic centre caps of the wheels melted and deformed. 28k of very hard use saw one new set of pads and the car was sold with 28000 miles with original discs with plenty of wear left. They were wrecked as I overheated them and they started to crack around the holes. However over a year (and 10000miles ) later when the car appeared on AutoTrader it had the same brake discs!!!!

I don't even Lewis Hamilton could get through a set of PPP discs in 20000miles.

Don't worry...

S

There is probably also the fact the stealers prematurely recommend it at a service and most people would just say to go ahead and replace them!

They tried to get me to replace the front tyres a year before required and last one there they were at me for rear brakes and there's plenty life left. They also were at me about some corrosion to a brake pipe which my MOT guy also pointed out, they offered to rub it down and apply some wax coating to it I said no over the phone and when I picked the car up the advisor was going over everything and I thought perhaps I should have got them to do it so asked for the cost, he said £140, I nearly ****** myself laughing! That's 30mins work on a Sunday afternoon I'd happily do, get the rims washed inside and out and the calipers all cleaned up too!

so are there cheaper solutions for the P31 equipped cars?
(mine is a P31 from late 2012)

wouldn't these be a solution?

StopTech

(and then "SEARCH'" and BRAKE ROTORS and the C63)

2013 Mercedes-Benz C63 AMG

5 Record(s) found Part DescriptionFlavorNotesNotesPositionPart No.FnPer Car QtyPicBrake DiscsPemium OE Design Cross Drilled & Slotted Rotor204.077 Sedan; 204.377 Coupe; Except Black Series Coupe Rear127.35119
Brake DiscsPemium OE Design Cross Drilled & Slotted Rotor204.077 Sedan; 204.377 Coupe; Except Black Series Coupe2 Pc Iron DiscFront127.35103
Brake DiscsPemium OE Design Cross Drilled & Slotted Rotor204.377 Black Series Coupe Front127.35081
Brake DiscsPemium OE Design Cross Drilled & Slotted Rotor204.377 Black Series Coupe Rear127.35121
Brake DiscsPremium OE Design Cross Drilled Rotor204.077 Sedan; 204.377 Coupe; Except Black Series Coupe1 Pc Iron DiscFront128.35118

Well I bit the bullet and picked up my C63 a couple of days ago, very pleased with it. Was a 250 mile journey home and averaged 24mpg which I didn't think was too bad considering I was having a bit of fun in it.... (who said E92 M3s were quick??!!!).

Will post some better pics once its had a clean and it's daylight!

cfoster said:
Well I bit the bullet and picked up my C63 a couple of days ago, very pleased with it. Was a 250 mile journey home and averaged 24mpg which I didn't think was too bad considering I was having a bit of fun in it.... (who said E92 M3s were quick??!!!). Will post some better pics once its had a clean and it's daylight! http://smg.photobucket.com/user/cfo...F-4706-B711-18D170231EA5_zpspqvz0o3y.jpg.html http://smg.photobucket.com/user/cfo...B-4202-B04E-223C89332B67_zpswy7htgne.jpg.html http://smg.photobucket.com/user/cfo...1-4409-9642-CC334CCB0A53_zps8cuxdg4z.jpg.html http://smg.photobucket.com/user/cfo...6-493C-B430-2453CEECF3A6_zpsdpkuqbnj.jpg.html

Did you get that from Portsmouth Mercedes?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom