C63 Premium / A205 (c205 w205 s205) issues

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

RGL

Car
A205 c63 cabrio premiuM
Hello all,

New to this AMG forum , but been lurking here for a while to checking other people feedback on the AMGs.

I pulled trigger and went for A205 - C63 premium Cabriolet and so far I had couple issues with it.

Everyone obviously admire the exhaust note, speed and throttle that peels your face off, however when driving with roof up, I noticed more and more rattles when the exhaust is muted.

- tons of rattles all over cabin, dash near airvent sounds like loose screw moving around when driving on not perfect roads (especially on orange asphalt on m25).
- rattles from both doors, I believe it's the seatbelt extension that actually rattles
- centre console/command rattles
- sunvisor on passanger side rattle (actually was pointed out by mechanic when brought in)
- jerky / kangarooing 1-3 gears in Sport+
- soft top rattles, sounds like heavy rain when roof is up although its not even raining...
- misfire as I had few times that I couldn't get car past 250hp when going by engine readings?
- break squeak, really high pitch

Had car with local MB and they tried to fix it for 3 weeks+ with no luck when some of rattles and roof issues was described as 'charactistics of the c63' by service manager , at what I almost burst out laughing.

So I demanded my c63 back as I had fed up with them trying to give new excuses every time I come back. Had to come back after 1 week after service manager called me saying that car had no rattles to be found or replicated, so I went back and took mechanic on test drive once more to what he confirmed that all same issues that was originally mentioned are still there...this left blush on manager's face when returned back to dealership with mechanic confirming all issues. Last week the car was with local dealer I was told that car has been test driven for longer period and issues fixed which obviously was a lie as car didn't packed up any extra mile (as I was monitoring miles on car on day of drop off and last visits through MercedesMe app) and even when car was collected it had green mould on windows from sitting in compound for weeks.

Now car is with my main dealer who I brough car from, so far they've been good with organising stuff - collection/delivery etc.

Also given details how to lodge official complaint against local dealer as they still should go by MBUK standards which they clearly didnt.

My main dealer even confirmed that they requested info on what's been done on car so not to start from scratch to what local dealer seem to not given any detail or response.

Apart from all these issues, I am most likely here to stay with the AMG, however would keep close eye on all issues while car is under warranty and potentially rejecting it if it won't be fixed and get new one.

Been advised by mate from other branch that AMGs with pana roof and cabrios are the worst to fix and are notorious for rattles comparing to non-pano models, can anyone really confirm this?

Sorry for long post, thought I may have similar experience like someone else have had with their AMG?

--- Courtesy cars provided:
Local: E220 cabrio
Main dealer: E220 cabrio

Shame that buying 70k car you end up with some lesser models as courtesy cars instead of what you actually pay. Funny way Merc treat their customers...

Rattles are a general 205 problem. No matter which one you get, unless you're hearing impaired, there's going to be rattles. You can eliminate some, but it is nigh on impossible to eliminate all of them. My guess is a few more pounds of insulation would have done a world of good on this car. Check the other forum and Read All About It (c)(tm).

Buy an SL? surely the rear seats of c convertible are compromised anyway.

Isnt SL with monster 6l engines only left?

Isnt SL with monster 6l engines only left?

SL350 was replaced with SL400. Then there is the SL500. A review on PH of the SL500 here Mercedes-Benz SL500: Review | PistonHeads

AMG wise there is SL63 and SL65. Mercedes-AMG SL63 vs. SL65 | PistonHeads

Serious contender if you want a convertible Merc and hardtop too. Lovely cars :)

MERCEDES-BENZ SL400
Engine:
2,996cc twin-turbo V6
Transmission: 9-speed auto, rear-wheel drive
Power (hp): 367@5,500rpm
Torque (lb ft): 369@2,000-4,000rpm
0-62mph: 4.9sec
Top speed: 155mph (limited)
Weight: 1,735kg (EU, with 75kg driver)
MPG: 36.7 (NEDC combined)
CO2: 175g/km
Price: £73,805 (OTR, before options)

MERCEDES-BENZ SL500
Engine
: 4,663cc twin-turbo V8
Transmission: 9-speed auto, rear-wheel drive
Power (hp): 455@5,250rpm
Torque (lb ft): 516@1,800-3,500rpm
0-62mph: 4.3sec
Top speed: 155mph (limited)
Weight: 1,795kg (EU, with 75kg driver)
MPG: 31.4 (NEDC combined)
CO2: 205g/km
Price: £82,850 (OTR, before options)

Well anyone spending 65+ k on benz should consider AMG model, but 115k for sl63 isn’t something I would do as its outgoing model too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom