C63 Prices...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

RSTurbo50

Car
W212 E250 CDi AMG Sport
Considering the W204 C63 is now approaching ten years old, prices are remaining strong. I'd love one but my budget is a maximum of £15k.

The cheapest appear to be available for £18k but are CAT D or examples with 9 owners and high mileage, in other words one best avoided.

Do you think prices will come down or remain around the £20k mark?

They'll creep down slowly but they'll always fetch good money especially good examples and later McT models. I'm tempted to get one too but saving/waiting for a MCT model if I do get one. Big difference imo.

If you really want to stay around £15k go for a CLS63/E63 but then a lot of people will say buy a 55k if going for either of those. I'm tempted myself.

Prices have been holding steady at £20k for over a year now for tidy examples, with the new inferior 4.0tt c63 I doubt they will depreciate further for the foreseeable future.

They'll creep down slowly but they'll always fetch good money especially good examples and later McT models. I'm tempted to get one too but saving/waiting for a MCT model if I do get one. Big difference imo.

If you really want to stay around £15k go for a CLS63/E63 but then a lot of people will say buy a 55k if going for either of those. I'm tempted myself.

I was looking at the E63/CLS 63 but after reading the horror story of the CLS 63 that suffered the horrendous gearbox failure that cost over £5k to put right, I'm thinking maybe it's best to avoid....

I was looking at the E63/CLS 63 but after reading the horror story of the CLS 63 that suffered the horrendous gearbox failure that cost over £5k to put right, I'm thinking maybe it's best to avoid....

I don't think that's typical for the CLS63, it's just as likely to happen if you buy a C63.

I've been watching these for around two years and they have come down in price a little, not seeing many for £20k though??

My search criteria is white facelift though so I'm used to seeing £27k+

I think possibly fuel prices might also be influencing the strong used prices for larger engined cars at the moment too?

Considering how popular (ie common!) the C63 is, it's really unusual to see them still at £20k.

I bought a 7-8 year old CLK55 AMG back in 2009 and that would've been more expensivel new (at least in relative terms) and certainly rarer (mainly due to cost) - it was about half the price of what an early C63 is today.

I think the other consideration is that - as has been said elsewhere on here - a 8-10 year old car today does pretty much everything you need, still looks modern and they are relatively reliable :cool:

When petrol hits £1.50 a litre again and it's £100 a tank to fill up maybe the prices will start to soften? :)

I think possibly fuel prices might also be influencing the strong used prices for larger engined cars at the moment too?

Considering how popular (ie common!) the C63 is, it's really unusual to see them still at £20k.

I bought a 7-8 year old CLK55 AMG back in 2009 and that would've been more expensivel new (at least in relative terms) and certainly rarer (mainly due to cost) - it was about half the price of what an early C63 is today.

I think the other consideration is that - as has been said elsewhere on here - a 8-10 year old car today does pretty much everything you need, still looks modern and they are relatively reliable :cool:

When petrol hits £1.50 a litre again and it's £100 a tank to fill up maybe the prices will start to soften? :)

Some AMGs cost £100 to fill the tank now :eek:

Prices have been holding steady at £20k for over a year now for tidy examples, with the new inferior 4.0tt c63 I doubt they will depreciate further for the foreseeable future.

To be fair to the 4.0tt, the new coupe is a fantastic car - I've owned 3 c63s and the new coupe is the best so far and the engine is really fantastic, although I wouldn't say no to a 6.2 litre if I'm honest but the 4.0 is mighty fine.

That was my car, it's for sale in the for sale section and has a brand new gearbox with 2 year dealer warranty.

Same lump and same gearbox.

I think the new C Class coupe is pretty ugly and prefer the previous C63...to be fair I even prefer the M4

I think the new C Class coupe is pretty ugly and prefer the previous C63...to be fair I even prefer the M4

Bit below the belt...

As is the case with most new Mercedes, the first model takes a bit of getting used to and once you spend time in a W205 getting back into the W204 feels very dated.

The C63 TT has gone back to the more understated look, a lot classier, which won't attract the former Scooby, Evo and Astra owners like the W204 C63 did.

As is the case with most new Mercedes, the first model takes a bit of getting used to and once you spend time in a W205 getting back into the W204 feels very dated.

Spot on. When the W166 ML came out neither Mrs D or I were keen on it, much preferring the W164 ML we had at the time (and still have). Wind the clock forward and we have a W166 ML!

Weren't these meant to be available for tuppence by now as 100% had been rented for only £500 a month by people who didn't deserve them? Apparently when all the leases came to an end they'd be worthless.

Funny that. Shows how much some self-proclaimed experts know.

Peter DLM said:
Weren't these meant to be available for tuppence by now as 100% had been rented for only £500 a month by people who didn't deserve them? Apparently when all the leases came to an end they'd be worthless. Funny that. Shows how much some self-proclaimed experts know.

Well said.
Thankfully and rightly so some of those c63/Amg bashers are now banned from here, a few remain and still troll Amg threads but rarely post these days much to the benefit of us all.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom